Flow Traders is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our growing Data team in Amsterdam. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
Data Engineers at Flow Traders are responsible for maximizing the value of our data. You will develop and maintain our data infrastructure and data intensive applications. Working closely with Quantitative Traders and Fundamental Analysts, you will make data available, performant and accessible, choosing the right technology for the task.
What you will do
- Develop and maintain data infrastructure and data intensive applications
- Create insights and make data available, accessible and performant for business
- Work closely with Business, helping Quantitative Traders and Fundamental Analysts
- Support operations with deployment and configuration of data infrastructure
A day in the life
A typical day for a Data Engineer is a blend of short cycle maintenance and ongoing development work. It starts with checking the data monitoring systems for alerts and deciding what needs immediate attention, or can picked up in the next development cycle. From there you will attend a stand-up meeting with your team. This is an opportunity to catch up on progress of development, raise problems and discuss plans for the rest of the day.
What you need to succeed
- Strong background in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- SQL, Spark, Python, Java
- Experience with GCP
- Experience with Hadoop
- Experience with streaming data processing
- Experience working closely with Data Scientists and Data Analysts
- Linux expertise
- Maven, Git
- Atlassian stack:
- Bitbucket for code review. We do all work in pull requests, which are reviewed by other developers
- Bamboo for continuous integration
- JIRA, Confluence
What we offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Our own company boat
- In-house gym and sessions with our nutritionist or personal trainer
- In-house Bar and Lounge with an arcade, table tennis, billiards table and game consoles
- Daily catered lunch, amazing coffee and a fully stocked kitchen and snack bar
- Weekly chair massages
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year, such as the Year End Party that exceeds expectations
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!