Flow Traders is looking for an experienced Data Architect join our growing Technology team in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate possesses a strong sense of ownership and passion for solving business problems in a future-proof way. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
You will be a senior hybrid technical and business advisor. In this role, you will demonstrate executive-level qualities, lead the conversation and direct the execution by combining both technical vision and business insight. You put the business at the heart of everything you do and that empathy drives every decision you make.
What You Will Do
You will work with experienced traders and quantitative researchers specialized in different asset classes, which need various data and processing capabilities to build the next generations of trading strategies. You will collaborate heavily with Data Engineers, Software Engineers (building our trading platform), Traders and Quantitative Researchers in order to articulate the true total value of each technical solution and the overall business partnership.
You will partake in requirements gathering, and map them to the platform of supporting tools and applications. On the other side, you need to identify strategic and tactical directions in the development of the data platform to support current and future data-intensive applications. Based on that, you are to collaborate with data, distributed systems, networking, systems and development engineers to build out our technology stack further. You will create standards for data onboarding, processing, modelling, reference and master data management.
What You Need To Succeed
- 10+ years of enterprise software engineering experience (related to data processing)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a similar data management / architecture role
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with data-intensive software system (analytics, BI)
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Solid knowledge of cloud computing (storage, databases, data analysis and processing), preferably GCP
- Extensive experience with distributed storage (e.g. Hadoop), middleware (e.g. Kafka), data processing (e.g. Spark), container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of modern data science techniques and tools (Pandas, Tensorflow, SparkML), familiarity with AI and machine learning
- Experience with Java / Python programming languages
- Experience with data modelling
- Knowledge of data governance processes and concepts
- Financial domain experience
- Effective communicator
- Passion about technology, product and user experience
- Ability to help your team work independently, identify problems that need to be solved, and implement solutions to them
What We Offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary bonus and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Our own company boat
- In-house gym and sessions with our nutritionist or personal trainer
- In-house Bar and Lounge with an arcade, table tennis, billiards table and game consoles
- Daily catered lunch, amazing coffee and a fully stocked kitchen and snack bar
- Weekly chair massages
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year, such as the Year End Party that exceeds expectations
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!