- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Apr 19
As a Data Analyst at Booking.com you will be responsible for developing and implementing metrics and reporting to drive business understanding, build high-quality data sources and will support business stakeholders with actionable insights. We are looking for a passionate person, used to work independently, who can dive deep into our business efforts (across Booking.com) to map existing processes, use data in a smart way to generate insights, and drive changes that measurably reduce cost to serve and improve performance. You will not only examine current processes, but also lead the team through process redesign and retooling to transform the area you work for.
- Provide thought leadership on the complete cycle of gathering, checking, cleaning and using our data.
- Develop insightful metrics, dashboards, reports and insights for the business leadership.
- Provide process improvements for all processes .
- Establish and track metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the business teams.
- Develop relationships with other analytics, science and business teams within the company.
- Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- Support and change the business on how to think and use data. Educate them in the right data use and hypothesis building.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience in a relevant role
- Experience solving real problems using data mining techniques and with statistical rigor
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, bioinformatics, etc.)
- Strong technical skills regarding data analysis and statistics
- Working knowledge in programming/scripting (Python, R, SQL, Bash, Matlab-)
- Experience with Google Analytics a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written); the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders
- Team player with strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and stakeholder management skills
- You are a proven change maker and discerning analytical thinker, true passion for people analytics and a desire to take complete ownership of high-impact projects in a hyper-growth company.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and analytical reasoning
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. IT also has monthly hackathons, training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to global candidates and in case of relocation we will support you and your family in successfully relocating to the Netherlands.