Business manager for COO Finance & Risk team
About our Team
Our ING Think Forward Strategy is all about empowering people to stay a step ahead in life and business. COO Finance team contributes and helps ING to deliver the strategy. We are looking for a talent to join the team as a Business manager for 6 months STA supporting Head of COO Finance (Peter van Buuren). Your goal is to make the entire team more successful in delivery of COO Finance priorities and projects.
COO Finance team integrates finance-related activities on change, support, operations, reporting as well as data and systems. It drives the information architecture and analytics capabilities of the Finance organisation. It concentrates on change, data management, reporting, servicing the Finance community and optimising processes.
In line with ING's think forward strategy and to enable COO Finance to play it's part in making ING the digital Bank of the future, COO Finance is adopting ING's One Agile Way of Working. To reflect the new organisation within COO Finance the Tribes, Departments and contacts are listed below.
The Business Manager's primary role is to support Head of COO Finance across responsibilities by adapting to the specific needs at the specific moment. The Business Manager must understand the responsibilities, needs and priorities of the Head of COO Finance to create the time and space needed for him to focus on the most strategically critical demands of his position. Responsibilities also include preparation for the meetings, facilitate with housing and HR related matters, check the incoming requests and engage other management team members where possible, performance management, communication and special projects.
The Business Manager interacts with members of COO Finance management team, Finance Management team (FMT), Board members (occasionally), Procurement, Financial controller and other stakeholders.
Overall, the Business Manager must be able to work independently and together with the team member(s), in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, perform advanced support and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
You will be responsible for activities related to support of Head of COO Finance & COO Risk(a.i) and management team members for specific projects. Specifically, this includes:
- Work with the Head of COO Finance to prepare content/presentations for meetings and help focusing on the most important issues and opportunities.
- Strategically manage (sorting and filtering) incoming requests/emails, refer tasks where appropriate to be taken care of by management team members, ensuring strategic priorities are met in a timely manner.
- Responding to routine questions and refer incoming higher level managerial requests to the management team members, as appropriate.
- Perform special projects as directed by the Head of COO Finance, including the review, research, summarization or analysis of information.
- Facilitate the interaction with the Finance Academy
- Working with the communication to staff/stakeholders and relationship management tactics such as thank you notes.
- Making sure the performance goals are formulated, in the system, displayed and monitored in the Obeya room
- Prepare and attend management team meetings with the Head of COO Finance with the purpose of ensuring follow-up and execution on identified next steps.
- Oversee, coordinate, assist with composing non-routine correspondence, preparing and proofreading letters, memos and other documents.
- Perform special projects as directed by Head of COO Finance together with the management team member or independently.
- Engage in analysis of the information (f.e. intercompany charges or ways to decrease costs) and contract management where required by Head of COO Finance.
In addition to the core responsibilities of the position, may be asked, or may seek, to engage unique abilities, strengths and passions through participation on cross-functional teams.
Job Career Framework
- Master degree, experience in banking
- Autonomous, yet highly collaborative.
- Having experience of being a business manager and willingness to see the organization through another lense will be valuable for this position
- Be able to interact with the stakeholders and senior management of different levels
- Be able to quickly adapt, have finance acumen.
- Proficient in Microsoft (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English, (Dutch will be an advantage)
- Resilient, able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines. Optimistic and flexible
- Result oriented, get things done. Have or create a network to make team effective
- Project management, organisational skills, follow through and attention to detail;
- Make others successful; cultural sensitivity to make a diverse team effective
- Happy with numbers, data, processes and people
- Hands on, self-starter, able to read the big scheme and evolutions, and anticipate what comes. Effective in changing the course of events.
- International and business acumen, preferably for Finance, Risk and/or the COO domain
: Business Management Profession (10-11), 40 hours working week. Team:
COO Finance - report hierarchically to Head COO Finance. (please note the RFA for the organization is with OR for advice. The hierarchical reporting line can change to Head of Process, Control and Risk, functional line remains to the Head of COO Finance)