Associate, External Relationship Management
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 May 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview
The Institutional Client Business (ICB) Team in The Netherlands oversees over 110 clients with combined assets under management of approximately $200 billion. Our client base includes pension funds, insurers, corporations and pension service providers. For these clients we manage a variety of fiduciary, multi-asset, liability driven, alternatives and single strategy investment portfolios. Within ICB NL the Account Manager Servicing Team is responsible for the daily client servicing and contacts.
The Account Manager Servicing will take responsibility for the servicing of a number of existing institutional clients and ensure a consistent delivery of a high quality service. He/she supports account managers in eg. preparation for account review meetings and other account management tasks. Furthermore, he/she takes part in projects, either to improve our service to existing clients (‘client
coverage’), or to initiate new opportunities to existing and new clients (‘business development’)..
Besides the close cooperation with the account management team (in Client Coverage and/or Business Development), the Account Manager Servicing works closely together with the Client Service Management (CSM) team.
Partner with clients
- Responsible for maintaining and strengthening relationships with existing clients through the delivery of high quality service and maintaining a rigorous attention to detail;
- First point of contact for any service related requests and queries, delegating as appropriate to internal teams, monitoring progress to resolution and ensuring that responses are timely and of a high quality;
- Have a clear understanding of clients’ service requirements, storing details in CRM systems and embed servicing in internal processes and procedures;
- Ensure clients understand and are satisfied with BlackRock’s services by effective communication of available resources and key benefits, such that the service is in line with our commercial objectives;
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with existing clients by meeting and exceeding client expectations.
Partner with Account Managers (Client Coverage and Business Development)
- Together with Account Managers (Client Coverage) form a close partnership on assigned client set;
- Assist the Account Managers (Business Development) on new business opportunities;
- Assist relationship managers in leveraging service delivery functions effectively and appropriately to increase client service quality.
- Assist in preparing presentation materials for account reviews and sales plan management;
- Assist in value-added account management tasks where possible.
- Ensure sufficient familiarity with BlackRock’s existing products and operational processes to aid query resolution and assist with the design and delivery of external communication/reporting;
- Partner with internal teams to support the client on-boarding and change management process;
- Partner with internal operational teams such as the Client Service Management team to formulate service enhancements and take part in internal projects aimed at service enhancement.
- Review own service performance, aiming to achieve excellent results in client satisfaction surveys, and working closely with other team members in achieving overall strategic business objectives;
- Embrace teamwork and contribute to an open and collaborative culture within the team, and within the wider BlackRock organisation.
- At least 3 years experience in working in the financial client servicing discipline, a self-starter who can quickly analyse client service needs and focus on an efficient and effective service to institutional clients and an accompanying high volume of service requests;
- excellent organisational and prioritisation skills with a proven ability to handle multiple tasks at once and keep attention to detail at all times;
- a high regard to risk management in a process driven, risk controlled environment;
- exhibit drive to meet and exceed client expectations and to develop BlackRock’s competitive status as a leading client service provider;
- ability to network and develop relationships with pension managers, consultants, administrators and other third party stakeholders, and to communicate and interact effectively with colleagues at all levels within BlackRock when organising the delivery of client service needs;
- demonstrate a confident project management style;
- proactive, people oriented team player with good listening and networking skills, an enthusiastic, upbeat communication style and a passion for success;
- an understanding of the Dutch pension fund market, investment industry and competitive landscape;
- fluency in Dutch is required and additionally proficient English language skills are needed;
- Economics or Finance degree/qualification is preferable.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.