PRIVATE EQUITY ASSOCIATE CASABLANCA
- Casablanca, Grand Casablanca, Morocco
- Permanent, Full time
- SPE Capital
- 07 Apr 19
SPE Capital is a leading Private Equity firm with a specific regional focus on the MEA region, with offices in Tunis, Dubai and Johannesburg. SPE Capital was previously the private equity arm of Swicorp, a leading financial services company active in MENA since 1987. The new Associate will join SPE Capital’s Private Equity team and will be involved in the projects/investments analyses, the portfolio monitoring, and the fundraising process. The selected candidate will be based in Casablanca and interacting with SPE Capital’s Tunis, Cairo, and Abidjan teams.
- Provide support with the assessment of investment opportunities within the Middle East and Africa regions
- Conduct research and collect data as required for projects
- Assist with the preparation of various reports including due diligence, valuation, investment recommendations and marketing documents such as information memorandum, as well as with the preparation of various business development presentations and pitches
- Prepare financial models including financial projections and company valuations (DCF, multiples, LBO, etc…) and investment returns to support transaction execution
- Assist in the drafting of transaction documentation including Term Sheets, SPA, Shareholder’s agreement, etc
- Monitor reporting and development of portfolio companies and interact directly with management and shareholders
Candidate Profile & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree from a leading business school or related field. May also be an MBA graduate/student
- 2-4 years of professional experience in investment banking/private equity or a related field
- Strong finance knowledge, analytical capabilities, capacity for synthesis, modeling and presentation skills
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset and high degree of autonomy
- Interest for and willingness to have exposure to the Middle East & Africa
- Fluent in English and French, fluency in Arabic is preferred
Start Date: Immediate
Assignment duration: Two-year renewable, possible permanent contract depending on firm needs and candidate performance.
Application: Interested candidates should send their CV & cover letter to email@example.com with the title “PRIVATE EQUITY ASSOCIATE CASABLANCA” in the subject line.