Director – Senior Credit Analyst – Infrastructure and Energy, Project Finance – Monterrey
- Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
- Permanent, Full time
- One Search
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
An outstanding opportunity to join an established project finance team in a leading ratings agency in Monterrey. Our client is a prominent player in the infrastructure debt market and as such they are looking for top calibre project financiers who have worked in transportation and PPP in Latin America.
The key aspects of the role will include:
- Working on ratings analysis and research on new and existing Latin American transactions, with an emphasis on transportation and PPP ratings within Latin American group.
- Evaluating innovative credit structures and participating in global criteria development.
- Identifying relevant trends, assessing their credit impact and highlighting these trends in updated industry and market focused reports/presentations.
- Gathering and analysing quantitative and qualitative data and legal documents for the purpose of producing ratings, publishing credit reports, and contributing to special research reports.
- In conjunction with senior members of the team, the candidate will meet with senior management of transportation entities and/or project sponsors, investment bankers and financial advisors, to produce these ratings and reports for general publication.
- The position has high visibility and solid growth potential. The Latin American group covers more than 70 public and private issuers, including project finance transactions.
The ideal candidate will come from a top-rated project finance platform and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- 7-12 years of project finance and infrastructure credit skills gained in a bank credit department, a rating agency, buy side credit department, etc.
- Solid writing and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish. Portuguese will be a plus.
- Excellent modelling skills and thorough familiarity with spreadsheet-based financial models.
- Ability to read and fully comprehend complex structures and to ask probing questions to issuers and their advisers.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and display a strong degree of flexibility to take on additional responsibilities, as required.
- Strong analytical thinking, superb attention to detail and robust time management skills
- The successful candidate for this position must be able to demonstrate skills that will allow for immediate coverage of a multi-country portfolio of Latin American project finance credits.
Please send your CV in a word document to firstname.lastname@example.org