Sr. IS Analyst - Technical Support
- Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 12 Dec 17 2017-12-12
Sr. IS Analyst - Technical Support
Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people. We're currently looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
The Infrastructure Analyst - Technical Support is a fully proficient role providing escalated support for issues, requests (regardless of source) and administration and improvement of a variety of programs, systems, networks, platforms and financial areas. This role independently maintains, monitors, assesses, tests, and audits the efficiency, capacity, and/or compliance of systems, servers and processes to established standards using a full understanding of Franklin Templeton Technologies and business interdependencies and the role of IT Infrastructure in supporting Franklin Templeton's business model. It will be responsible for developing the business knowledge and leadership abilities required to leverage their expertise on cross-functional teams supporting multiple sites or a region in handling basic to moderate complexity problems.
As needed, this role provides local and regional support to provide emergency response to correct system failures in locations assigned, and works closely with other staff in providing follow-up with vendors, evaluating current systems and usage, making decisions/recommendations on future development, and deploying new and improved computing systems, technologies, systems and networks. The role may manage or assist in the monthly, annual and multi-year forecasting and budgeting activities.
Analysts in Technical Support provide support services, follow-up and education on information technology issues/services to employees enterprise-wide. The primary value is to provide quick and efficient resolution while minimizing disruption to the customer. They may resolve issues directly or may escalate it on behalf of the customer to the appropriate technical personnel.
These roles provide case status updates to management and end-users, as well as mitigating future recurrences through post-mortem analysis. Supports and maintains effective relationships with users in their assigned areas, especially regarding operating systems, applications, mobile devices, new technologies and communications infrastructure. They develop, document, and implement standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to remote and localized IT support.
This role may also support the creation and /or maintenance of business continuity or IT disaster recovery plans. This role may act as the primary Franklin vendor relationship manager for a specified group of vendors.
Ideal candidates will have:
Education & Experience:
- Any combination of a related Associate's or Bachelor's degree, certification or 5 years of related experience, plus an additional 5 years of related experience
- 2-4 years of work experience in support of global corporate IT infrastructure systems, to include experience in one or more of these areas:
- Windows environment
- Programming skills sufficient to edit, update and troubleshooting scripts
- Network supported devices (firewalls, routers, switches) and protocols, LAN/WAN and multi-platform environments, VoIP, wireless networking and other advanced technologies
- Operating systems installation, upgrades, maintenance
- Server environments (physical and/or virtual)
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Financial Services industry experience
- Network protocols experience and support to include, but not limited to (TCP/IP, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP, OSPF)