Product Oversight and Governance Analyst
Description About this role Job description
Would you like to use your unique background to make an impact on the clients we service in a culture that thrives on quality, innovation, dedication, and accountability? Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Then look no further! BlackRock is pursuing an Analyst, to join the Latin America Business Operations team in Mexico City. This position supports a sophisticated and fast-paced business in a dynamic and evolving environment.
We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $8.7 trillion of assets under management we have an extraordinary responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference. Team Overview
The Latin America Business Operations team sits within Global Accounting and Product Services (GAAPS), one of the core functions within the Technology & Operations group at BlackRock. Our remit includes product oversight and client service, related to the locally offered solutions across the region; including ETFs, Alternatives, Mutual Funds and Separately Managed Accounts.
The team supports various groups associated with the lifecycle of products and services offered, collaborating with internal BlackRock teams of Portfolio Management, Investments, Portfolio Compliance, AML, Onboarding, Legal & Compliance, Sales, Trade Operations, Financial Reporting and Fund Accounting teams. Our goal is to create an efficient operating model to support the sophisticated regulatory framework and emerging best practices. Role & Responsibility
- Oversight of the local iShares, Mutual Funds and Alternatives (CerPIs, CKDs) products, by defining and executing an optimal and risk-controlled operating model;
- Partner with key internal stakeholders in order to improve the execution related to investments, portfolio management, trade operations, NAV oversight, fund accounting, daily and periodical reporting (market data, market announcements, financial reporting);
- Build partnerships with external ecosystem by interacting with trustees, custodians, fund accountants, auditors, legal and tax advisors, stock exchanges, central depositories, price vendors, independent valuators, shareholders;
- Define, implement and execute effective controls in the BAU processes;
- Lead in all applicable aspects of compliance of processes (internal, external and regulatory) and reporting;
- Consistently perform risk assessments and drive improvements to existing controls and procedures;
- Oversee external fund administration, accounting and financial reporting produced by third parties and be responsible for the external audit to financial reports;
- Create and follow up on Key Performance Indicators implemented with our service providers;
- Oversee operations lifecycle of local funds vs. custodians, from primary market, to trading activity, to cash transactions (capital calls, payments);
- Assist in the management (review and approval) of fund operating expenses, lead in aspects related to it and coordinate processing in accordance to internal procedures;
- Participate in projects which can be due to the change management of existing or new products and services provided locally.
- Bachelor's degree required in accounting, business management, finance, economics or equivalent.
- Ideal candidate will have proven experience of 2 years in the financial industry, with knowledge of capital markets and the ecosystem of regulators and market participants.
- Understanding lifecycle of traded products in exchanges, such as equity, fixed income and foreign exchange; as well as overall processes of accounting, valuation and tax of a security and a portfolio.
- Robust experience, ideally, in operations (middle office, back office) and fund administration functions.
- Highly computer-literate, with advanced Microsoft Office skills.
*Please submit CVs in English*
- Fluency (written and oral) in both English and Spanish required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as the ability to produce accurate work and spots mistakes/errors and makes appropriate corrections;
- Works effectively to plan and prioritize responsibilities including ongoing and ad hoc projects simultaneously;
- Natural teammate able to work in an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast paced environment;
- Self-motivated, determined to achieve goals and works hard to meet those, proactively.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.