Product Oversight Analyst - MEX
Description About this role
Business Operations Mexico (Client Service) - Analyst Job description
Would you like to use your unique background to make an impact on the clients we service in a culture that thrives on quality, innovation, dedication, and accountability? Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Then look no further! BlackRock is pursuing an Associate, to join the Latin America Business Operations team in Mexico City. This position supports a sophisticated and fast-paced business in a dynamic and evolving environment.
We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $8.7 trillion of assets under management we have an extraordinary responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference. Team Overview
The Latin America Business Operations team sits within Global Accounting and Product Services (GAAPS), one of the core functions within the Technology & Operations group at BlackRock. Our remit includes product oversight and client service, related to the locally offered solutions across the region; including Separately Managed Accounts, ETFs, Alternatives and Mutual Funds.
The team supports various groups associated with the lifecycle of services offered, collaborating with internal BlackRock teams of Portfolio Management, Investments, Portfolio Compliance, AML, Onboarding, Legal & Compliance, Sales, Trade Operations, Financial Reporting and Fund Accounting teams. Our goal is to provide the best in class service to our clients, for the offered services and investment solutions provided under local regulation and global capabilities of BlackRock. Role & Responsibility
- Be the central point of contact to clients in activities related to the daily operational lifecycle of their portfolios;
- To continually build and maintain, through proactive engagement, the client's trust and overall satisfaction in our service delivery, anticipating their requirements and handling ongoing client queries;
- Understand product and portfolio solutions offered to clients, legal and regulatory framework, along with the operating model and execution of the portfolio management lifecycle; defining and executing an optimal and risk-controlled service model, framed under Mexican regulation and best market practices;
- Partner with key internal stakeholders in order to improve the execution related to onboarding, sales, portfolio management, trade operations, performance, reporting (market data, market announcements, financial reporting) and all other teams involved in the lifecycle of a client's portfolio;
- Build partnerships with external ecosystem by interacting with trustees, custodians, brokers, record keepers and others involved in the lifecycle of a client's portfolio;
- Define, implement and execute effective controls in the BAU processes;
- Lead in all applicable aspects of compliance of processes (internal, external and regulatory) and reporting;
- Consistently perform risk assessments and drive improvements to existing controls and procedures;
- Oversee external service providers, such as custodians and record keepers, responsible for services provided to clients and the interaction with BlackRock on exchange of daily and periodical information related to a client's portfolio;
- Create and follow up on Key Performance Indicators implemented with our service providers;
- Participate in projects which can be due to the change management of existing or new services provided locally.
- Bachelor's degree required in accounting, business management, finance, economics or equivalent.
- Ideal candidate will have proven experience of 3+ years in the financial industry, with knowledge of capital markets and the ecosystem of regulators and market participants.
- Strong understanding of the banking industry, financial services, traded products in exchanges, such as equity, fixed income and foreign exchange; as well as overall processes of accounting, valuation and tax of a security and a portfolio.
- Robust experience, ideally, in operations (middle office, back office), fund administration functions or client service.
- Highly computer-literate, with advanced Microsoft Office skills.
*Please submit CVs in English*
- Fluency (written and oral) in both English and Spanish required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as the ability to produce accurate work and spots mistakes/errors and makes appropriate corrections;
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills, problem solving, analysis and proactiveness;
- Works effectively to plan and prioritize responsibilities including ongoing and ad hoc projects simultaneously;
- Natural teammate able to work in an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast paced environment;
- Self-motivated, determined to achieve goals and works hard to meet those, proactively.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.