Multi-Asset Strategy & Solutions - Associate, Mexico Quantitative Researcher / Portfolio Manager
Description About this role
This is an Associate position within the Mexico MASS Team. The candidate will report to the Mexico Multi Asset Strategies Portfolio Manager. Candidate will be providing data solutions and research to portfolio managers. Primary responsibilities:
Skills, experience and education:
- Utilize technology and analytical tools to improve processes, enhance research and drive scale.
- Developing automatizations for day-to-day activities and organize large datasets.
- Clean data and make data available and accessible for research.
- Running performance and attribution analyses of different portfolios to provide the team with timely and relevant data.
- Doing empirical research and developing statistical models across different asset classes and markets.
- Design, evaluate and implement methodologies to analyze alternative and financial data (i.e, text mining, machine learning).
- Perform simulations and stress testing to address potential risks and alpha opportunities.
- Collaborating with analytics, performance, risk, data and other teams to drive improvements in systems, reporting and investment processes.
- Prototyping new optimization and other asset allocation models to enhance portfolio construction.
- Developing NLP, ML and AI to identify patterns and trends.
- Perform quantitative research and back testing on financial and alternative data to develop systematic investment strategies.
- Monitor recent Data Science trends in use of alternative data /big data in finance through academic and industry publications.
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (Physics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Finance, Economics, Econometrics, Computer Science) or equivalent.
- More than 3 years of full-time relevant work experience and proven interest in the financial markets.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, programming and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and probability (time series, regression, stochastic processes, bayesian)
- Advanced skills in Excel and proficiency in performing complex analyses involving large datasets.
- Advanced programming skills (Python, R Studio, SQL, Tableau, Power BI, VBA)
- Strong knowledge of Aladdin is desirable.
- Previous experience in Quantitative Research, Data Analytics or Data Science is a plus.
- Broad understanding of financial assets, analytics and market dynamics is desirable.
- Open-minded thought process and intellectual curiosity
- Motivated team player, flexible in approach and ability to work independently.
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to remain focused across a wide range of portfolio types, assets, markets and activities.
- Ability to multi-task and collaborate within a team environment
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and positive mindset towards change
- A willingness to produce high-quality and relevant work.
- Excellent quantitative and empirical research skills.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Inquisitive and analytically minded with a logical and detailed work ethic
- Very strong proficiency in English (oral and written communication)
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.