Intermediate Accountant (Accountant Analyst)
Job Description The Intermediate Accountant position is part of the Mexican Accounting team responsible for Moody's businesses in Mexico. The individual will need to have a good accounting knowledge of Mexican GAAP and USGAAP have worked with financial computer applications.
The Intermediate Accountant will be involved in all aspects of accounting for the business, this includes processing transactions, preparing journal entries, analysis and reconciliation of accounts, etc. The role require knowledge and compliance with external and internal policies and procedures as related to: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Payroll, Taxes, T&E, Treasury, Audit, and the close process (monthly, quarterly, and year-end) as well as local requirements (electronic accounting)
Possessing a sound knowledge of the business, as well as developing strong working relationships with all teams that support the business, is required in order to achieve the above objective.
The Intermediate Accountant is required to meet internal policy and procedures by being aware of the key controls, risks and compensating controls in his/her process flow and identifies changes in the operating and internal controls environment.
The Intermediate Accountant will need to have a perspective of the team's strategy, goals and objectives. The individual will need to execute the above.
As part of the daily routine Intermediate Accountant should:
- Liaises with various internal and external persons to obtain accounting transaction support.
- Make analytical and detail review of accounting transactions.
- Performs detailed transaction analysis to calculate journal entry amounts while applying professional accounting judgement
- Ensure accounting transactions are recorded to the proper chart of accounts
- Prepares monthly balance sheet reconciliations and identifies and resolves reconciling items.
- Prepares monthly expenses analysis and identifies and resolves items.
- Prepare biweekly payroll process
- Responsible for billing process
- Assists in the identification, research and resolution of operational issues through regular and special analysis to ensure proper accounting.
- Gathers supporting documentation for internal and external audits, and fields related questions.
- Prepares additional account analysis for Internal audits, external audits and ad-hoc requests.
- Additional duties/projects as assigned by his/her manager
- Bachelor degree required. Preferably in accounting, finance or other business discipline.
- 3 to 5 years' experience performing in an accounting.
- Competent written and verbal communication skills (Spanish and English)
- A background demonstrating the ability deliver a high quality product and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and possess analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Be able to handle new projects and be adaptable to new challenges.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- PeopleSoft-SAP experience
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.