Inside Sales Specialist Latin America
Internal Job Description - Inside Sales Specialist / OPIS Latin America September 2019
Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) has an opening for an Inside Sales Specialist in Latin America based in Mexico City, Mexico. The position will focus on building up the "book of business" for OPIS price reporting / news services in Latin America. In addition, this position will be responsible for emphasizing the OPIS brand, and the OPIS services as a viable alternative to other PRA's (price reporting agencies) in the region. The position will also interface with the LAM Director in targeting new business opportunities for OPIS.
We are looking for a candidate with experience selling services (preferably PRA services) in the region, the necessary language skills (fluent in Spanish), and a proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales goals.
OPIS is an award-winning PRA that offers market information and news on the petroleum industry. We provide daily pricing reports, daily commentary on market activity, and conferences. This position offers substantial opportunity for growth and the support to succeed. Responsibilities
- Identify customers in the region that have a requirement for PRA data, and work with the Sales Director to prioritize and strategize on selling OPIS services into those companies.
- Work with an existing book of customers with the goal being to upsell new services, and to increase revenue at subscription renewal time.
- Assist customers making service changes, answering account related inquiries, and providing excellent customer service.
- Complete service renewals for existing LAM customers in a timely manner.
- Work with the marketing team to review marketing materials, translate documents and assist with industry event logistics in the region.
- As leads from those marketing pieces filter in, promptly reach out to the customers and strategize with the Sales Director on how best to sell those services.
- Convert 15% of all leads that come in from marketing into sales.
- Assist in managing "affinity" relationships with outside organizations.
- Be familiar with the CRM, and become familiar with the contracting process.
- Schedule onsite client meetings, and attend select industry functions for the purpose of networking and upselling OPIS services. Appropriate, professional dress, and appropriate professional behavior is expected at all external and internal functions.
- At least 2 years of selling experience, preferably in the PRA (petroleum reporting agency) space in Latin America.
- Excellent phone manner, especially the ability to "cold call" customers who have at some point done a trial of an OPIS product.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and in Spanish.
- Solid organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Establish priorities and work well with others as well as independently.
- Bachelors Degree
To be considered, all applications must include salary expectations.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.