Associate, Latin America Corporate Accounting
Description About this role Business Unit Overview
BlackRock AMRS Finance consists of Finance professionals in fields such as Controllers, Financial Planning & Analysis, Treasury and Tax. Within the Controllers' Group, we are a fast-growing team, and we are responsible for ensuring the integrity of the financial data in accordance with applicable financial standards and regulatory frameworks of over 20 entities in seven countries across the region. Job Purpose/Background
We are looking for an energetic and proactive individual to join our team as an Associate! In this role, this individual will be responsible for supporting the corporate accounting Vice-president in ensuring the integrity of the financial data in accordance with applicable financial standards and regulatory frameworks for several entities in the region. The Associate will perform corporate accounting functions and will also assist with special ad-hoc projects. In addition, will also work closely with our accounting and tax consultants to guarantee that all accounting processes are performed in an effective an efficient manner. Reporting structure
The role will report to a Vice-president within the Latin America Corporate Accounting with exposure to the Regional Director as well as Controller's leadership. Key Responsibilities
Assist with handling all aspects of corporate accounting & regulatory reporting for several entities in the region as described below:
- Responsible for financial accounting, tax and regulatory reporting including monthly closing of Local GAAP books (IFRS & or Mexican GAAP) as well as US GAAP books, performing analysis and reconciliations between the two sets of books
- Extensive co-ordination with local consultants to ensure compliance with local regulations
- Managing corporate accounting processes under US and Local GAAP
- Managing internal and external audits, extensive coordination with statutory auditors
- Preparation of interim and year0end financial statements under local GAAP
- Preparation of quarterly and annual board of directors' materials
- Review and when required preparation of workpapers and account reconciliations.
- Performance of analytical reviews of Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss trends.
- Assists with special projects as needed. Examples: Cash repatriations, dividends, capital reductions and contributions, newly formed legal entities, etc.
The role will interact with several departments within Finance including: Corporate Tax, Revenue Accounting, Compensation Accounting, Investment Accounting, Accounts Payable, External Reporting, Accounting Policy and Financial Planning & Analysis group as well as departments outside of Finance such as Legal & Compliance, Business Operations as well as Payroll. The below should describe you!
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of accounting experience showcasing solid understanding of accounting standards, preferably MFRS, IFRS and/or US GAAP
- Financial Statement Audit experience at a Big 4 firm, a plus
- CPA or equivalent preferred
- Strong command of English and Spanish (both written and verbal)
- Excellent MS Office software skills (especially Excel & PowerPoint)
- Independently efficient: Owns her/his responsibilities; has a keen awareness of due dates and works in a systematically organized manner
- Can multi-task and prioritize own workload
- Attentive to detail
- Works well with others; sharing thoughts while also having others views in consideration.
- Exercises risk-based analysis in her/his day to day activities that allows her/his to focus on the right things at the right time. Can identify and elevate issues to supervisors on a timely basis as well as to look for possible solutions to those issues and discuss them with management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.