Agile Coach/Scrum Master
What we do:
We design, develop, and host data-rich, full-featured, high-traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients. Markit Digital Development teams use their passion for programming and problem-solving to produce feature-rich applications that deliver value for our customers. With a dedication to continual improvement, our team members challenge themselves each day to expand their knowledge base and produce solutions that are maintainable, extensible, and elegant. We take great pride in our work, share our expertise and ideas to achieve common goals, and aspire to learn more. Our products benefit millions of users across the world and are designed from the ground up to deliver content efficiently and effectively. We have adopted an Agile Development Methodology, and are committed to continually improving within this model. What you'll do at Markit Digital
The primary responsibility of this position is to support the effective project delivery that supports our customers and colleagues using Agile methodology. The ideal candidate will be one who leads by example and knows how to bring out the best in people and to act as a galvanizing force. How you'll do it at Markit Digital
Skills and Experience
- Act as Scrum Master with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work
- Facilitate daily stand ups, release planning, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospective and sprint demos
- Ensure and facilitate cross-team coordination
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team(s) measure team health and velocity of delivered value, and report team progress to senior management
- Support the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to delight customers - perhaps change delight customers to deliver value to customers?
- Guide the team(s) in forming appropriate team agreements that result in sustainable and increasing delivery of value
- Reach out to the larger company network or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Manage interruptions to team(s) in an efficient way to limit impact to sprints and help the team reprioritize work within a committed sprint as necessary
- Coach team(s) on agile methodologies and topics such as scrum values
- Continue to grow by learning new tools and techniques
- Occasional travel may be required
- Leverage your 4-7 years' experience being Scrum Master on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of relevant agile metrics and charts (e.g. burndown, velocity, burnup, CFD) and ability to interpret them and provide appropriate guidance and coaching to the team
- Proven analytic and problem-solving skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Proven verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively to customers, managers and technical staff
- Experience in the Financial, Software, and/or Digital sectors strongly preferred
- Scrum Master Certification preferred
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Extremely knowledgeable in and personify Scrum and Agile.
- Passion and curiosity to thrive in innovative, collaborative, fast paced environment
- Experience guiding team with problem solving, removing barriers and addressing challenges in support of project execution
- Ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization's management team that provides leadership and direction.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Proficient in both English and Spanish
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.