Hedge Fund - Junior Trader
- Competitive - will disclose over phone
- Valletta, Il-Belt Valletta, Malta
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Sep 17
Opportunity at Hedge Fund - Junior Private Equity Trader
Candidate will be experienced in financial markets with a minimum of two years front office experience. Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure are essential. Must be a solid communicator and confident when interacting with brokers and internal colleagues.
Key responsibilities are as follows
- Trade Equities for all four PM’s within the firm and provide back up when trading Credit
- Communicate with sell-side continually to achieve best pricing, keep abreast of news and sourcing liquidity
- Source relevant news and distribute to the investment team rapidly
- Collate daily research and distribute promptly to relevant PM’s
- Maintain event calendars, watch lists and prepare reports during reporting season
- Liaise with operations to ensure all trades are booked accurately and corporate actions are processed accurately.
- Ensure residual orders are carried over day to day and any overnight news impacting orders is analysed and communicated.
- Will be expected to become experienced in trading all asset classes within two years