Independent and possessing more than twenty years' experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of 1,150 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
- Competitive Base Salary + Discretionary Bonus + Complete Set of Benefits
- Valletta, Il-Belt Valletta, Malta
- Permanent, Full time
- Alter Domus
- 17 Jan 18
The candidate is expected to be an appropriately skilled and qualified compliance professional and who will understand and ensure compliance with the relevant Maltese regulatory regimes. You will report directly to the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer in Luxembourg and will have the following responsibilities:
- Act as MLRO and Compliance Officer of Alter Domus Malta entities;
- Act as MLRO and Compliance Officer for clients of Alter Domus;
- Ensure the Maltese group Companies are compliant with relevant legislation and regulatory codes;
- Create and maintain compliance plans, procedures, systems and practices and ensure that these are followed by other compliance professionals and junior staff;
- Implement and undertake compliance monitoring programme;
- Review of the KYC files for new clients and identification of main issues and follow up missing information in line with group processes and procedures;
- Identify the main risks in relation with the monitoring of existing clients ;
- Maintaining all registers such as Conflicts of interest, reportable events, complaints from clients, etc
- Work with the Global Client Acceptance Committee and Group Risk Function
- Follow up of audit recommendations both internal and external;
- Manage an internal compliance team;
- Training of new joiners and advanced training such as new regulations, AML etc...
- Manage and lead regulatory requests and visits.
- You will be educated to degree level;
- You will hold an appropriate qualification in compliance or AML/CFT/fraud prevention;
- You have significant experience in compliance, preferably in the financial sector in Malta;
- You have very good knowledge of Microsoft office 2007 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- You are familiar with screening tools of clients (Word-check or other similar tools);
- You are fluent in English and any other language will be considered an advantage.