Compliance Manager (Malta)
- Competitive base and annual discretionary bonus
- Sliema, Tas-Sliema, Malta
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Cordium is a market-leading provider of governance, risk and compliance services to the asset management and securities industry. Cordium has offices in London, New York, Boston, San Francisco, Malta and Hong Kong. The firm employs more than 200 experienced professionals who support over 1,500 clients in the financial services industry.
We currently have an opening in our Malta office for a Compliance Manager.
Reporting into the Managing Director of our Malta business, the successful candidate will be responsible for the effective management of the Compliance team, as well as for taking a lead in the development of staff and growth of the team. You will also take a lead in managing the implementation of regulatory developments, and in the design and of new service lines to the Malta market.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Effective delivery of work and advice to clients within your own portfolio
- Review of client work produced by the team
- Maintenance of compliance infrastructure, updating as required
- Be a main point of contact in regard to provision of regulatory developments
- Act as subject matter lead for specific regulatory developments
- Support the delivery of training as necessary
- Participate in marketing Cordium services to clients / prospective clients
- Management of client engagement for the team (i.e. profitability, service levels, etc)
- Effective recording of time in the STAR practice management system
- Maintain, with suitable assistance from the firm, a high level of competence
- Identify appropriate training for you or the team
- Participate in the recruitment process (i.e. interviewing potential candidates
- Effectively manage the compliance team
- Support and assist in the development of your team
- Delegate effectively to maximise profitability as well as drive learning within the team
- Carry out annual appraisals and objective setting for the team
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following core skills / experience:
- Educated to degree standard
- Significant financial services compliance experience, ideally focused on buy-side firms
- Proven track record of MFSA expertise
- Understanding of broader European regulation
- People management and staff development experience
- Ability to review and improve compliance process and procedures
- Willingness to take on compliance officer responsibilities
You will have the opportunity to play a key role within a small but successful business which operates as part of a larger group with excellent exposure to the fund / asset management sector.
Compensation will be dependent on qualifications and experience.