Manager - Line Control ISV
Business: Issuer Service Operations Open positions:1 Role Title: Manager - Line Control ISV Global Career Band: 6 Location (Country / City ) : KL City Office, Malaysia Recruiter Name : Anthony Chuen Eu LIM Why join us?
Line Control is a global function that works closely with a network of markets and city sites Operations, Change, Product and Client Management in ensuring that our risks are being managed within risk appetite, and provides ongoing assurance as to the adequacy and operation of key controls. The function ensures adherence to internal control policies, develops and delivers communications, learning and education initiatives that deepen control culture, raises awareness of risks and promulgates control best practices. The Opportunity: (Brief Overview of the Role)
The Line Control manager is required to support group risk policies as well as the ISV Operations global control agenda, work on improving and strengthening the overall business's control environment, include (but is not limited to):
- Administering a robust daily control model in line with the departments codification
- Delivering a control monitoring and metrics programme as directed
- Performing risk assessments and testing and ensuring adherence
- Coordinating a globally aligned reporting and governance programme as per assigned metrics and deliverable timescale.
- Challenging current activities and reporting and suggesting process improvements.
- Embedding changes in control monitoring, testing and assurance and reporting as per global standard
Carry out ad hoc work as and when required. What you'll do: (List out Key Responsibilities) Impact on the Business/Function
- Subject matter expert in Operational Risk and Control
- Detailed knowledge of ISV products and associated post trade operational processes
- Develop and maintain effective governance mechanisms for risk and control management
- Professionally representing ISV risk and control across the business through proactive key stakeholder engagement at all level of the organization
- Maintain HSBC Internal Control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Value add risk analysis and scoring presented to senior management forums with agreed remediation plans defined and tracked to closure
Customers / Stakeholders
- Partnering with management to reduce operational losses and the incidence of high/medium risk audit points
- KRI thresholds adhered to
- Work to the agreed control agenda and meet all delivery requirements
Leadership & Teamwork
- ISV Business Partners (UK, US, Paris and Hong Kong)
- Regional CCO Heads / Teams (Hubs)
- CCO KL City Offices team
- ISV Operations Management
- Liaise regularly, encourage any issues to be raised and ensure all necessary action is taken
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ability to positively influence and effectively communicate with global stakeholders across the business
- Ability to multi task, manage disparate stakeholders, build consensus, and implement effective business solutions on a global basis
- Actively promotes a positive control culture across the organization
- A committed team player, committed to coaching individuals within the team and supporting them to achieve their own personal development plans where appropriate
- Project management experience with the ability to lead working groups and project teams
- Positive engagement and participation by stakeholders in executing risk management and control initiatives
- Agreed conclusions to risk assessments and other initiatives and any required remediation
- Mid-Year and Year End Feedback process
- Partner with line management to continually improve our operational risk control processes and mitigate risks in our business operating models
- Focused on delivering results, positively challenges the status quo, seeks improvement and is resilient in meeting targets
- Ability to work autonomously
- Manage relationships and coordinate / leverage other teams such as Country and City HSS CCOs, Operation Teams, and Internal Audit
- Participate in the development of relevant policies and control best practices
- Participate in targeted reviews and control assessments
- Provide guidance on the development of relevant policies and control best practices using specialist product knowledge
- Effective implementation / delivery of process and control improvements without impacting on business as usual processes
- Partnering with line management to reduce operational losses and the incidence of high/medium risk audit points
- Effective planning and progress reporting against agreed initiatives
- BAU activities complete and on time against agreed timetables
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
- The role will require an ability to react to business/regulatory changes in a turbulent financial climate.
- Role requires a strong self-starter with good time-management skills who enjoys the challenge of delivery within tight deadlines.
- Structured and organized individual with strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities. Previous Project or Change work a bonus.
- Ability to implement strategy and effectively communicate it to senior stakeholders
- Ability to thrive within a constantly evolving Department and play a central role.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
- Be aware of the Operational Risk scenarios associated with the role and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations
- Incumbent must proactively drive the identification, assessment, mitigation of operational risk
- Incumbent must be aware of the operational risk impacts associated with deficient operations processes and risk impacts due to changes to operations processes and/or technology supporting operations processing
- Incumbent must critically assess existing or proposed processes and escalate identified risks
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit pointstogether with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which you are involved, specifically Internal Controls, SOX controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy
Qualifications What you will need to succeed in the role: (Minimum Qualification and Skills Required) Knowledge
- Strong understanding of the front to back process in ISV Operations.
- Balancing Functional (Product) vs Central Control requirements
- Proactively push the Control agenda and meet stakeholder needs
- Influencing and persuasion to ensure timely and quality assured delivery of agreed actions
- Establishing the control agenda in a new location and product
- A degree in banking / financial / management / business administration / accounting exposure
- A working knowledge of ISV processes / activities
- Risk professional with at least 3-5 years' combined experience in Banking Operations/Back Office Operations, Regulatory Reporting, Compliance or Internal Audit in a banking environment
- At least 2 -3 years' experience in an ISV processing role
Link to Candidate User Guide: https://hsbchrdirect.service-now.com/nav_to.do?uri=/hrsp?id=kb_article_preview&sys_id=0c6b11641b6a9810cec0553a2d4bcb2a (Or) Go to the below link and type "IND GSC : IJP Applicant User Guide" in search bar. https://hsbchrdirect.service-now.com/hrsp?id=hrdirect_employee_dashboard
- Analytical and detail orientated.
- Proven skills and knowledge of post trade operations functions gathered in an investment banking environment.
- Solid process, risk and people management skills.
- Strong Risk and Control capability
- Appropriate personality, character and gravitas will be key.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues succinctly and clearly
- Strong delivery focus is essential. The role requires a proactive and articulate individual, comfortable with dealing with senior management and able to distil key messages and tailor output to the audience