The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have. Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Business Analyst. Principal responsibilities
GCD Business Analysts are at the centre of how GCD shapes, delivers and embeds change working with the business and our delivery partners. They are typically responsible for Requirements Management, Design, Change Management and Implementation Management. Business Analysts work collaboratively with delivery partners and subject matter experts in gathering, translating and clarifying requirements and defining design options. In systems related projects and programmes, the role holder will support Software Delivery and IT Operations with the translation of business requirements and designs into more detailed functional requirements and designs, often representing the voice of the customer and business in these discussions. The Business Analyst's Change Management activities span from early change planning and audience analysis; through to designing and delivering change interventions (e.g. communications, training, support, organisation alignment); and tracking and taking actions on change readiness, adoption, and feedback. Business Analysts are also responsible for Implementation Management, including planning, controlling and reporting on implementation of the change 'product', focusing on accelerating benefits and minimising risk during deployment. Implementation activities will also include managing implementation readiness and managing the early stages of implementation (e.g. pilot).In reengineering projects, they work closely with the Process Consultants in analysing and re-engineering world class business processes. Business Analysts will often lead design workstreams or teams, managing other GCD Analysts, SMEs and resources from our delivery partners. The Opportunity: (Brief Overview of the Role)
The vision statement for Change Delivery is "To be the businesses' primary change partner, support the implementation of the Group Strategy and make change a source of sustainable competitive advantage for HSBC". The job is a major point of contact with the business and IT. The jobholder works independently and has a high level of flexibility to consult with the business at all levels. They will need to have the ability to work closely with and build good relationships with Software Delivery, IT Operations, Service Delivery, and with other delivery partners and Global Functions. The jobholder is expected to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously, taking a lead analyst role in larger projects, directing all analyst activity. What you'll do:
- Content heavy role -Business Analysts must demonstrate strong business knowledge and sound business sense, and stay abreast of the industry, business-wise and technology-wise.
- Stakeholder complexity -Business Analysts will often need gather requirements and agree designs across business stakeholders, dealing with different interests and resolving disagreements and conflicts, and sometimes needing to challenge poor requirements and design decisions. They will often attend and lead these meetings or workshops with no GCD supervision.
- Multi-disciplinary -Business Analysts need to be able to shape business requirements and solution designs
- Employs an improvement mindset to identify and define issues or problems that are less obvious; participates actively and constructively in brainstorming meetings where problems are discussed and/or resolved
- Brings structure and order to undefined problems and/or large scale problems, making them easier to address and solve
- Uses systemic thinking and creativity in devising solution options
- Evaluates relative costs, benefits and obstacles of potential solutions before implementing
- Articulates or translates complex information in clear, meaningful and structured way to suit audience
- Understands the Group's priorities, business drivers, competitors and competitive strategy to help drive strategically aligned solutions, considering aspects of risk/reward.
- Questions small-scale business decisions that do not demonstrate alignment to the Group's commercial strategy
- Anticipates issues and risks and acts to mitigate these quickly; handles any unforeseen roadblocks swiftly and effectively
- Thinks ahead to identify potential risks to service or performance and deals with them proactively; effectively manages review processes to identify quality issues early
- Builds effective working relationships with analysis and design teams in our delivery partners and works well with external
Capability and People Development:
- Defines requirements management processes and designs detailed business solutions and structures based on business requirements; challenges business intent in a constructive manner
- Identifies areas of impact on the target operating model and designs activities to mitigate impact
- Manages requirements traceability through design and d elivery
- Utilises financial skills to develop a high level business case, considering investment and high level benefits
- Manages the change implementation activities, including business readiness assessment (i.e. avoiding multiple change clashes), implementation pilot (including approach and checklists) and actual implementation (including reporting status and issues)
- Manages the change audience through the commitment curve with communications, training and development
- Supports reengineering of processes, where process is one of the many parts of the change, and provides detailed guidance on process design (considering risk, end-to-end and cost)
- Supports the programme management with impact assessment for change requests on design, scope, time, budget or effort on programme plan and provides accurate estimates for handling new requirements, design changes and scope
- Supports project or programme resourcing activities
- Allocates tasks and objectives to other analysts on a project or programme
Qualifications What you will need to succeed in the role: Knowledge
- Identifies and shares the resource requirements of the project, to the Program Manager requesting the appropriate skill set and/or experience
- Defines high level responsibilities and objectives for members of their project team and ensure the individuals are being used in accordance with their skills and resource request
- Acts as a role model to create and maintain a collaborative team environment which supports and encourages the professionalism and development of our teams
- Good understanding of Global Change Delivery Business Transformation Frameworks and best practice techniques
- A thorough understanding of the purpose, values, culture and fundamentals of Global Change Delivery
- Outstanding understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives
- Very strong knowledge of the external environment -regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Basic Business reengineering knowledge
- Business analysis, requirements gathering and design techniques
- Change management and implementation management techniques and approaches
- Proven track record as an outstanding analyst, consultant and/or project manager
- Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise
- Extensive experience gathering requirements and conducting design activity, with a mix of business, operations and technology focused projects
- Exposure to business case development and a sound understanding of how design enablers underpin business benefits
- Strong experience of delivering change into different audiences and managing implementation in banking environments (branch, contact centre, trading floor, operations, head office etc).
- Effective communication, inter-personal and negotiating skills
- Excellent decision making and problem solving ability
- Sound judgmental skills to identify and resolve problems
- Experience of managing resources using appropriate communication, delegation and planning skills
- Ability to motivate and lead people, employing appropriate management styles
- Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors
Link to Candidate User Guide:
- Business Analysis & Design
- Achieving Excellence
- Delivery at Pace
- Impactful communication
- Business Case and Benefits Realisation
- Change and Implementation Management
- Planning and Plan Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- Process Re-engineering
- Resource and Team Management