Branch Manager, Klang
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management leverages HSBC's global retail banking expertise and wealth management capabilities to deliver a broad range of world-class retail banking solutions to millions of customers. Driving for growth in key markets around the world, the business comprises areas such as retail banking, wealth management, insurance and asset management, with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels that will differentiate our customer experience and deliver market leading retail banking and wealth management solutions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Branch Manager. Principal Responsibilities
- To lead, develop and manage a branch team to ensure achievement of the business objectives and deliver the branch performance measures and plan.
- Responsible for planning and developing a sound business development strategy to increase market penetration and maximize profitability.
- Developing cross sales plans formulating branch targets, measuring performance and driving branch staff to achieve targets.
- Manage & coach your team to drive performance with a hands-on style to grow sales, productivity, and service quality and staff engagement.
- Lead the Branch in line with the processes and activities in the TOM and other operational guidelines to achieve consistency of management of our people and delivery of service and sales to HSBC customers
- Use the principles and guidelines in the TOM to ensure customer needs are identified and they are matched to the appropriate member of the team to maximise the sales potential.
- Proactively walking the Shop Floor to engage customers and staff for effective supervision and to lead the sales and service floor by setting an example.
- To ensure that sales & operations are undertaken in accordance with HSBC Bank plc FIM, BIM and Credit Policy Manual appropriate lending guidelines.
- At least a bachelor's degree from any recognized university.
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in a financial institution with relevant experience in managing a branch.
- At least 5 to 7 years in a sales leadership role managing sales team performance with experience in providing a high service standard.
- Proven ability in team leadership and management, Retail and Wealth Management sales, and relationship management in the Retail sector.
- ACIB or equivalent professional qualification preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills is key to the role.
- Excellent commercial acumen, leadership, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a particular emphasis upon inspiring, influencing and negotiating.
- Coaching sales techniques, best practice and sales management on a team and one to one basis.
- Highly motivated and flexible in working across complex cross-functional work structures within the bank and also externally with regulators, business partners and industry committees.