Team Mgr, R'ship Mgt, Priority (Retail Banking / Frontline Sales and Service / Relationship Management / J894)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
• To lead a team of RM / Senior RMs / Cash RMs / Acquisition RMs / Mortgage RMs to achieve the team sales target by maximizing acquisition / referral opportunities and deepening existing Client relationships for the Priority Client segment to the specified service standards.
• To lead a team of RMs / Senior RMs / Cash RMs / Acquisition RMs / Mortgage RMs to achieve specified sales targets and service standards.
• To provide guidance on day-to-day portfolio management.
• To guide the team in training and leading branch staff in deepening relationship & maintaining ETB clients for Priority Banking.
• To supervise and co-ordinate the sales effort of Priority Banking marketing and promotional activities to meet new business and client acquisition goals.
• To conduct staff meetings and provide support / updates for sales campaigns and activities, procedural changes, management directives, etc.
• To ensure that the team build an information database on existing Priority Banking clients to support and deepen client relationship and cross selling efforts.
• Foster and deepen client relationships by providing regular market information updates and trend analyses on local and foreign financial products.
• To ensure that the team comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and, in particular report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager.
• To train and develop new sales staff.
• To develop action plans to improve team performance.
• To provide coaching and mentoring to team to facilitate staff retention.
• To achieve agreed sales targets and Priority Banking profitability.
• To achieve quality performance i.e. audit results, credit quality, business development and people management.
• Agreed service standards to customers.
• To cascade and live the values.
• To undertake special projects / assignments.
• 100% Operation control under operation risks guidelines and sales compliance.
• Non compliance and control weaknesses inherent in the selected samples are detected and duly reported
• No unsatisfactory compliance reviews and audits on the conduct of CST and record keeping
• Maintaining robust controls and monitoring actions
• No overdue Control Sample Testing (CST).
• Focused and highly achievement-orientated.
• Sharp business acumen, analytical, planning and organisation skills.
• Demonstrable leadership capabilities.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Honours degree (CGPA 3.0 or better) and / or relevant professional qualifications.
• More than 5 years' experience in banking with demonstrable knowledge of banking practices and financial products.
• Possess all relevant investment & insurance certifications and licensing.
• Favourable track record in managing sales and / or operations or demonstrated ability to achieve strong sales performance.
• Ability to coach, inspire and mobilise Branch team members of various levels to deliver exceptional performance.
• Demonstrated ability to establish a service culture.
• Interpersonal and complaint handling skills
• Bank's product knowledge
• Understanding of policies and procedures
• ABM rules / Bank Negara FEA regulations
• Branch Operations Manual (WEBOM)/MIC/group circulars/bank policy and tariff of charges REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS :
Reports to : Branch Manager
Reports indirectly to : Head of CR, City Cluster
Direct Reports : Relationship Manager, Priority Clients
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.