Team Leader, BD Mortgage
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Processes and Activities
- Manage a team of Personal Banking Mortgage that engage with NTB mass market clients via source for prospective clients (Personal, Priority and Business Banking) for mortgage loans through alliance tie-ups such as real estate agents, mortgage brokers, developers & lawyers.
- In consultation with direct report, draw up monthly plans to generate new business to achieve set sales targets and objectives
- Guide and mentor BDEs to maintain an agreed sales pipeline target
- Undertake joined sales presentations with BDE and ensure monthly activities are held as per the number agreed
- Understand client needs for mortgage financing, structure proposed solution and close the sale further to credit approval.
- Understand and uncover client's other financial needs and refer relevant retail and wealth products
- Working alongside EB and segment team to include Mortgage offers as part of corporate offers as part of cross-sales activities.
- Keep abreast of customers' needs and conduct regular checks on market trends and competitors' programme offering and activities for target customer groups so as to enable the local business and Group to initiate efforts to increase the attractiveness of the program / product differentiation vis-a-viz local / global competition
- Reference the processes for which the role is responsible under the ORF as 1st & 2nd line; for executing / completing, and for supervising
- Guide and mentor BDEs to:-
- Provide truly professional key account management service to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction and retention. Ensure adherence to concerned policies including on call reports, appointments with customers and pipeline management to ensure timely completion of end to end mortgage process.
- Practise service excellence in handling customer issues, complaints, product enquiries in a timely, problem-free and responsive manner
- To work with Relationship Service Manager to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and retention
- Conduct regular scheduled visits and develop constant engagement with all dealers, developers and mortgage brokers aligned to country engagement model and strategy.
- Enhance service levels through recommendation of improvements in operational processes, procedures and products based on customer feedbacks
People and Talent
- Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical role s.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country Client Acquisition
- Country Relationship Business Banking
- Employee Banking teams
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ensure that prospects and existing customers are clearly communicated about the bank charges/terms and conditions.
- Ensure "Customer Due Diligence" requirements as prescribed by the bank are duly adhered to. All the legal and compliance guidelines provided by the bank are adhered to.
- Data confidentiality and secrecy norms of the bank are fully adhered to.
- Ensure that all applications (Account opening forms or loan application form) are being cross-checked prior to submission
- Ensure that sales process prescribed by the bank is fully adhered to.
- Ensure full awareness of all policies related to Mis-selling etc., & comply the same.
- Maintain complete and detailed knowledge of all the assigned products
- Maintain accurate and up to date activity records.
- Minimum diploma or degree holder
- Local regulatory requirements for certification/accreditations where required
- Preferably have previous experience in service, sales and prospecting in banking/non-banking industries
- Completion of Day 1 Readiness program as mandated for role
- Completion of mandatory e-learning modules as mandate by Bank and specific to role
- Good command of spoken and written language required for the role
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.