About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
This position is for MQ production support team who can work on production incidents, changes and support them in their day to day operations.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Keep production Integration Services system up and running to meet IS SLAs
- Fix production problems in a safe and timely manner to minimize the duration of unscheduled outages
- Control the release of fixes and updates into production so that scheduled downtime is optimized with respect to duration and timing
- Seek to understand surrounding SCB production events in the past, current and future
- Introduce processes, best practice and a mind-set into the production support function to ensure these goals continue to be met going forward
- Document and refine production support processes
- Produce or contribute to status report on the Production Support function as required by SCB's standard reporting schedule
- Measure the risk of each production change or task
- Conduct root-cause analysis for major production problems
- Provide first level support where necessary. This also includes providing on-call services and involves production deployment activities
- Coordinate and facilitate discussion with different levels of personnel ranging from development management, application team leaders and other external parties that may include vendors to resolve production problems and production deployment
- Plan, manage and prioritize PSS activities.
- Review work completed by PSS team members where needed
- Guide and provide pointers for points of improvement and for performance feedback
- Coach the team on the technologies.
- Strong Websphere Message Broker Administration/Troubleshooting skills (Mandatory)
- Strong Websphere MQ Administration/Troubleshooting skills.(Mandatory)
- Unix Administration Skills (Mandatory)
- Webmethods Administration (Good to Have)
- IBM Data Power Appliance ( Mandatory)
- Strong Communication and Interpersonnel skills(Mandatory)
- Certification - Websphere MQ, Websphere Message Broker Certified
- Field of Study - B.Tech Computer Science / Information Technology
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.