Senior Business Controller
- GBP26996.87 - GBP32396.24 per annum GBP
- Petaling Jaya, Malaysia Petaling Jaya MY
- Permanent, Full time
- Ambition Malaysia
- 13 Sep 18 2018-09-13
As a Senior Business Controller, you will play a highly critical role in supporting the Regional Finance Directors and CFOs in the delivery of the team objectives. You will act as a higher point of escalation to liaise with key regional stakeholders to support your team of Controllers. You will be fully accountable for your team's development in knowledge and capabilities, and may be required, from time-to-time to drive special projects for the hub.
Our key client is an FTSE 100 FMCG company based in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. They are in the midst of expanding their Regional Finance Hub, APAC and are looking for a Senior Business Controller to lead and motivate a team of 5 Business Controllers in migrating new business processes into the hub.
If you have a solid foundation in business controllership with a strong track record in regional stakeholder management skills from FMCG or related industries, and looking to move into a dynamic and exciting organization, you are highly encouraged to apply.
As Senior Business Controller, you will play a highly critical role in supporting the Regional Finance Directors and CFOs in the delivery of the team objectives. You will act as a higher point of escalation to liaise with key regional stakeholders to support your team of Controllers.
You will be fully accountable for your team's development in knowledge and capabilities, and may be required, from time-to-time to drive special projects for the hub.
- Leadership of a team of 5 Business Controllers, ensuring that the team delivers to the highest capabilities in stakeholder service whilst adhering to global processes and local financial controls.
- Management and allocation of resource across the team proactively identifying and resolving performance issues that may impact on delivery of agreed SLAs.
- Building excellent working knowledge of stakeholder requirements and business drivers which are shared and understood by your team of Business Controllers. Coaching and development of staff will be integral to building a customer orientated mind-set.
- Responsible for cluster month end close by providing robust, quality month end financial information to stakeholders and proactively interact with regional stakeholders to provide inputs, challenges and outputs at key submissions.
- Taking ownership of calculations and interpretation of Tax calculations, both direct and indirect.
- Interpret financial data, and use knowledge and understanding of customer's business, to deliver quality variance analysis and insightful commentary for management reporting on a timely and accurate basis
- Act as a key point of contact on behalf of the team to liaise with external partners to ensure timely and accurate submission of local statutory reporting to relevant authorities
- Assist in better business decisions by provision of financial expertise and insightful analysis to all ad hoc queries in line with SLA, and provide support to on-going projects
- Ensure corporate governance standards are met, taking accountability for effective operation of relevant financial reporting controls
- Identify opportunities for standardisation and simplification across the process area on a continual basis.
- Leading standardisation and streamlining initiatives across the region, connecting to other regional hubs in the world.
The Ideal Candidate should demonstrate the following attributes:
- MUST be a qualified finance professional or equivalent (ACCA, CPA, CIMA, ICAEW or equivalent).
- Total career experience of 10 years, with a minimum of 6 years in a Business Controlling position.
- English Language proficiency, both verbal and written, with the confidence to express clear opinions and ability to explain financial issues to non-financial management.
- Able to adapt to changes and proactively drive changes across the team.
- Proven leadership experience of a team of 3-5.
How To Apply:
Submit your resume and APPLY NOW by clicking the button below.
For similar roles, please visit www.ambition.com.my
Due to the high volume of applicants, please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only. *LI-FA
Business Registration Number: 1048918-T. License Number: JTK 2710