Key responsibilities of the Senior Associate position
- Supervise the processing team and ensure the execution of the day-to-day responsibilities of Unit Trust Operations Department are carried out timely and within performance standards and in compliance with the regulatory guidelines.
- Check/verify tasks performed by the staff to ensure duties are carried out promptly and completely by the processing team. Any detection of errors or omission to be addressed promptly and escalated to management if required.
- Check and ensure monthly trailer fees/commission payable to distributors are computed correctly and paid timely.
- Assist in risk management and internal controls of the department to ensure compliance with regulations and Group Policies & Procedures.
- Assist in projects, prepare the Scope of Work/user requirements and test plan for user testing. Co-ordinate/lead projects from start to end with minimal supervision with minimal post implementation issues.
- Monitor injection and withdrawal of monies from and to clients before execution of payments.
- Oversee yearly data purging exercise in compliance with archival policy.
- Ensure prompt action is taken on change of client status upon notification and records are updated and correctly maintained.
- Troubleshoot issues and liaise with system vendor/relevant parties promptly
- Assist to ensure all new/revised process and procedure are promptly updated in the operations manual.
- Assist to review new guidelines/policies and perform impact assessment.
- Continuously identify areas for improvement and highlight areas for better operational efficiency.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Work Experience and Requirements
- At least 4 years working experience in an operations environment preferably in the unit trust or financial industry.
- At least 2 years at supervisory level.
- Experience in project management and business process re-engineering.
- Good analytical skill for management reporting/data analysis.
Degree in Business Administration or Finance or equivalent.