You will be responsible for providing financial decision-making support to the Regional Managing Director and the Management Team, business partnering on all business / commercial dealings. You will manage all aspects of management reporting and financial accounting, implement internal controls and risk management processes for the APAC region, covering Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam.
Position reports to the Regional Managing Director (based in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia) and dotted line to the Group CFO (based in Europe).
You will play a key role in supporting the growth of the APAC business and to ensure that strong profitability is achieved.
- Work closely with the regional finance team on all Financial Operation goals, responsibilities and deliverables for team and organization;
- Work as a close Business Partner to the Regional Managing Director, APAC;
- Provide business/financial analysis and support to management on issues including pricing, distribution and competitive landscape analysis;
- Review revenue streams and new revenue opportunities. Review costs versus plans and trends to understand key business drivers and develop plans for improvement;
- Lead monthly and quarterly close and financial reporting process;
- Perform analysis of actual to budget calculations with variances explained and reported to management;
- Drive process improvements and standardization of finance and accounting processes;
- Support cost saving initiative;
- Ensure that the company is compliant with all relevant legal obligations and statutory requirements, including compliance with internal controls in accordance with Company policy;
- Responsible for recruiting, developing, evaluating and retaining high performance finance team members
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent, Post-Graduate qualifications will be advantageous
- A Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- At least 15 years of overall professional experience; ideally 6+ years of broad financial operations management experience
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities and demands while meeting critical deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and responsibility for projects, promote teamwork and collaboration between staff, peers, vendors, and partners.
- Results-Oriented with strong sense of urgency and motivation
- Good knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems