Platform Design Lead
JOB DESCRIPTION ROLE
Job Title: Platform Design Lead PURPOSE:
(Explain succinctly the reason for existence of the role)
The Platform Design Lead (Platform Architect) is a key member of Trade Platform Engineering team and responsible for the overall core platform framework design and implementation. The role holder will form a key part of a fast-paced, ambitious, delivery programme. RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Summarise all responsibilities and accountabilities. Clarify if the job holder leads or supports others; as a minimum, the following areas should be covered )
The Platform Design Lead (Platform Architect) will be a key member of Trade Platform Engineering team and responsible for the overall core platform framework design and implementation. The role holder will form a key part of a fast-paced, ambitious, delivery programme. Drive Platform Architecture
· Create application framework standards and architecture patterns across the entire stack.
· Oversee the application software design process.
· Drive proof of concept activities on new technologies that will deliver business value.
· Drive platform availability metrics: Stability, Reliability, Scalability, Fault Tolerance, Performance, Monitoring and Security
· Maintain and manage Architecture Design Records.
· Drive tech stack decisions and adoption.
· Help development teams align to architecture guidelines.
· Conduct regular support and training to delivery teams. Adherence to Risk & Data Quality Management Requirements
· Risk and Audit Continuous management of the Trade Application System risk
· Proactively identify issues and actions
· Monitor and remediate issues and actions from audits
· Awareness of the regulatory requirements and ensuring these are catered for in the platform design Stakeholder Management
· Coordinate with resources and teams across different locations
· Capability development/mentor team members Key Stakeholders
· Technology - Delivery Teams, Technical Architecture, Technical Services KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
(List typical pre-requisites for high performance)
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent degree
· Fundamental understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems, routing protocols and storage subsystems.
· Experience with building secure application platforms
· Experience Building fault tolerant or self-healing systems
· Performance tuning and building hybrid cloud systems
· Shell scripting and Java, C and Assembler experience is a plus
· Experience on building modern application architectures: cloud-native on-demand, distributed Microservice, CQRS/Event Sourcing and strong domain driven design skills.
· NoSQL and RDBMS (MongoDB, Oracle, Postgres, Elasticsearch etc)
· Information management and data processing on multiple platforms
· Identifying Business Data Requirements
· Creation, Classification, and Maintenance of Architecture Design Patterns
· Messaging patterns and solutions
· Enterprise integration patterns
· Software Development
· Agile Development
· UI/UX Architecture
· Change Management
· Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD) Optional Skills:
· Machine Learning/AI/NLP experience
· Relevant experience of 10+ years
· Banking/Fintech experience preferred
· Trade Finance domain experience preferred
This Job Description should be read in conjunction with the relevant terms of reference, the Group's Governance Manual which sets outs responsibilities for establishing, maintaining and implementing the Group's high-level systems and controls, the Bank's policies and procedures, and the jobholder's contract of employment. The jobholder acknowledges that he / she has understood and will abide by the responsibilities set out in the Governance Manual as well as ensure compliance with Group Code of Conduct