Manager - Risk and Controls Group
What is the opportunity?
This Manager role sits within the Risk and Controls Group under RBC's Group Risk Management within Enterprise Risk. Situated in the 2nd Line of Defense, will lead independent control testing efforts that support major regulatory programs and risk domain activities. This dynamic opportunity interfaces with senior stakeholders, and offers exposure to multiple risk domains not limited to, Finance Risk, Operational Risk, Liquidity Risk, Credit Risk, Counterparty Risk, Market Risk, Model Risk, and Data Risk. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Demonstrate understanding of operational risk, control testing methodologies, and related regulatory and compliance standards.
- Achieve detailed understanding of CCAR and Risk Management (Credit, Liquidity, Market, etc) business processes through review of procedures, process maps, RCSAs, and stakeholder engagement.
- Assist in the planning of control testing approach and scoping, preparation of a testing program, and determine of the testing procedures and scripts to be used.
- Perform risk-based testing activities that independently evaluate the design and effectiveness of critical end-to-end processes and controls relevant to CCAR and non-CCAR businesses.
- Create and memorialize detailed control testing documentation and review commentary.
- Contribute to the articulation of results/conclusions/memos of control testing activities and communicate to key stakeholders across RBC.
- Contribute to the development of senior management / Board briefing packages and help prepare sessions with Senior Executives
- An undergraduate or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other Business related field.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in relevant or complimentary capacities, preferably in the financial sector audit, compliance testing, or consulting.
- Exposure to control design and effectiveness testing.
- Knowledge of financial services products (commercial loans, CRE, construction loans and residential mortgages, etc.).
What's in it for you?
- Knowledge of CCAR and stress testing requirements as well as regulations related to capital planning and risk management
- Previous Compliance, Audit, Risk, Control and/or Regulatory experience a plus
- RCSA Experience
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded