About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- To lead, manage and develop the Managed Investment Operations Team in Private Banking Securities Operations, Standard Chartered Bank , Global Business Services , in order to facilitate effective processing of transactions in a controlled environment at minimum levels of cost and risk.
- Strong knowledge in dealing with global fund markets, mutual fund, hedge funds, WRAP funds, Signature, etc, and the correlated service offers in Standard Chartered Bank Private Banking world.
- Responsible for ensuring high quality of service and support to be provided to Private Banking clients, primary contact person for Front Office and Standard Chartered Bank staff for advice, enquiries and complaints relating to Managed Investments.
- Ensure the team is done in accordance with bank operational menu, desk instructions, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Guide, coach and motivate team members, facilitate up-skilling through on-the-job training and setting/stretching targets and objectives.
- Make decisions and demonstrate problem solving skills based on internal Procedure Manual / Operational Policy Guidelines issued by the Bank.
- Continuous improvement in productivity and efficiencies
- Engage in preparing internal/external/regulatory reports upon the request.
- Handle ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Key skills, experience and qualifications
- Degree Holder in Banking & Finance or related discipline.
- Minimum 8-10 years' experience in Banking sector especially in funds operations together with experience in Private Banking Client segment
- Knowledge in settlements and funds administration in Global funds markets including cash.
- Must have good command of both verbal and written English
- Good understanding on Operational Risks, Client Service, Private Banking Client segment is mandatory
- Able to work under tight deadline and high pressure
- Self-motivated individual who is an experienced problem solver. Resolution to problems often require efforts to research and communicate with various parties
- A team worker, and able to work under tight deadline and high pressure
- Hours can be demanding; to support Regional booking centre and work on public holidays may require.
- Understanding on regulations/requirements/procedures in the industry is required.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.