Internship: Finance Analyst
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Malaysia's internship program is a program geared towards current university students to place them in industry and prepare them for corporate and community leadership IBM Internship program offers students the following benefits:
- Get basic understanding on IBM organization and, business processes & high performance culture
- An opportunity to engage in real assignments/projects
- Excellent chances to develop personal skills such as: teamwork, communication
- A chance to fully integrate with IBMers and collate information about career direction
- The potential to build contacts to help with future placement
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Provide accounting/ financial/ pricing analysis support to countries in the Asia Pacific region
- Prepare local financial statements in accordance with local GAAP
- Comply with country legal and statutory reporting requirement
- Provide advice and counsel to management on US and country Generally Accepted Accounting or Finance and the Pricing Practices and guidelines
- Perform self inspection on work areas and implement measures to ensure compliance with IBM accounting and country practices and guidelines
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Banking/ Economics, Commerce, Business Studies/ Administration/ Management (Major in Finance or Accounting will be added advantages)
- CGPA at least 3.0 and above is a MUST
- Full time student attending 2nd/3rd/4th year undergraduate or postgraduate in accredited University/College.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to work and collaborate across teams.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and rapidly changing environment.
- Candidate should at least to commit the minimum of 3 months internship. Preferably up to 6 months.
- Candidate must be pursuing at least a Bachelors Degree.
Additional Requirements (Optional)
- Languages skill- Korean Speaking or Japanese Speaking (We welcome the native speakers who are studying in Malaysia to apply the internship with us.
- T&C Applied: Valid Student Visa
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Finance Analysis
- Pricing Analysis
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Finance Analysis
- Pricing Analysis
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Preferred Education:
Master's Degree Commissionable: