- Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 24 May 19
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Carry out requirement study and development activities complete the same as per the plan and schedule
- Work closely with business to ensure that the requirement is clearly understood and work towards satisfying the agreed project objective
- Review BRD, facilitate requirement gathering, gap analysis.
- Development of Mainframe Cobol with strong knowledge in CICS, VSAM, JCL and IMS database
- Develop and implement small-medium scale projects based on the requirements and specification handed to delivery team
- Ensure documentation is in place and maintained.
- Expected to continue to build upon domain knowledge and technical/ proprietary skills to reach levels of expertise, while adapting standard principles to new or changed conditions in day to day work.
- Can respond to detailed queries. May be called upon to advise Sr Management on specialised technical issues.
- Responsible for coaching, guiding and mentoring junior members in the team to help them scale up faster.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Degree in Software Engineering, IT, Computer Science or related fields
- Preferably 8 to 12 years of working experience in software development
- Knowledge in banking process will be an added advantage
Skills & Attributes
- An organized person with good time management and follow-up skills, able to work under pressure to deliver results on schedule and tight timeline
- Acquire adequate knowledge in both technology and domain that would help in better delivery.
- Technical development and functional experience
- Proficiency in Mainframe languages like COBOL, IMS, CICS, VSAM and JCL
- Has good interpersonal and teamwork abilities, and able to adapt in a diverse working environment.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills term deadlines
- Good formal and informal communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Knowledge in the DBMS, Web service and other utilities.
- Previous working experience in a Bank or any financial institution
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.