Data Design Lead
JOB DESCRIPTION ROLE
Job Title: Data Design Lead PURPOSE:
(Explain succinctly the reason for existence of the role)
The Data Design Lead (Data Architect) is a key member of Trade Platform Engineering team and responsible for the overall data application design and data governance. The role holder will form a key part of a fast-paced, ambitious, delivery programme. RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Summarise all responsibilities and accountabilities. Clarify if the job holder leads or supports others; as a minimum, the following areas should be covered )
The Data Design Lead (Data Architect) will be a key member of Trade Platform Engineering team and responsible for the overall data application design and data governance. The role holder will form a key part of a fast-paced, ambitious, delivery programme. Drive Data Architecture
· Establish data standards in terms of nomenclature, persistence technology selection, design, and deployments.
· Deliver versioned data schemas and establish data governance process.
· Identify areas where data can be used to improve existing and new business process of varying complexity.
· Actively manage canonical data models derived from domain driven design.
· Help development teams in documenting data naming, classification, security, lifecycle and retention. Adherence to Risk & Data Quality Management Requirements
· Continuous management of the Trade Application System risks
· Proactively identify issues and actions
· Monitor and remediate issues and actions from audits
· Awareness of the regulatory world and knowledge of Data Quality needs and ensuring these are catered for in the functional design Stakeholder Management
· Coordinate with resources and teams across different locations
· Capability development/mentor team members Key Stakeholders
· Technology - Delivery Teams, Technical Architecture, Technical Services
· Operations (Group, Regional, Country and Hubs)
· Business - Product/Sales/Segments (Group, Regional, Country) KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
(List typical pre-requisites for high performance)
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent degree
· Oracle Master or equivalent is a plus
Mandatory Skills :
· Fundamental understanding of Relational databases and NoSQL databases
· Efficient design principles and tradeoffs of fully normalized and star schema models.
· Significant experience designing fault tolerant, geographically diverse databases with the ability to support rolling maintenance windows.
· Experience with performance tuning of large-scale data bases
· Experience on data modelling processes and techniques, and data persistence and access architectures for large application, driving the evolution of the infrastructure.
· Information management and data processing on multiple platforms.
· Data mining and modelling tools,
· Identifying Business Data Requirements
· Creation, Classification, and Maintenance of Data Models
· Data Standards and Governance
· Domain Driven Design
· Software Development
· Agile Development
· Change Management
· Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD) Optional Skills:
· Machine Learning/AI/NLP experience
· Relevant experience of 10+ years
· Banking/Fintech experience preferred
· Trade Finance domain experience preferred
This Job Description should be read in conjunction with the relevant terms of reference, the Group's Governance Manual which sets outs responsibilities for establishing, maintaining and implementing the Group's high-level systems and controls, the Bank's policies and procedures, and the jobholder's contract of employment. The jobholder acknowledges that he / she has understood and will abide by the responsibilities set out in the Governance Manual as well as ensure compliance with Group Code of Conduct