Client Technical Professional (Digital Trust)
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Client Technical Professionals (CTP) provide technical sales expertise to progress, close opportunities and follow-thru with client success. This may include: collaborating with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions; delivering Proof of Concept; developing and delivering technical education; supporting critical situations; designing solutions; and answering technical questions. When engaged for a specific opportunity or project, they are responsible for the technical viability and feasibility of the proposed solution in addressing client's requirements
In this role, you will be a solution subject matter expert - analyzing customer situations and requirements and designing high quality Security solutions, which are tailored to the client's business and technical needs in a way that is valued by the customer and superior to the competition. It is essential that you are able to apply in-depth understanding of best practices, key concepts, products, offerings and services within the IBM Security portfolio and utilize knowledge and experience about technology, industry and business.
You will be expected to propose, demonstrate and support sales of enterprise-level solutions consisting of software, methodology, and services to C-level executives in major corporations
- Demonstrate understanding of client requirements regarding enterprise security policy and standards, and how IBM solutions will meet the requirements.
- Have experience in technical solution design / architecture for security solutions, including product sizing, and technical and quality assurance processes.
- Be capable of presenting and articulating the differentiated value of IBM Security solutions compared to competitors in the market.
- Have experience in presenting the value proposition of the proposed IBM Security solutions to C-level.
- Have experience as an individual contributor and team leader successfully executing PoTs / PoCs and extensive demonstrations in complex and competitive sales situations.
- Understand, and be able to articulate to clients, deployment processes and best practices to lower deployment risk and accelerate time to value.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experienced with security solutions technical sales processes
- At least 5 experience/Knowledge of security solutions (Application Security, Data Security, Endpoint Security, Identity and Access Management, SIEM, Incident Response, and Orchastration)
- At least 3 experience in operating systems, networks, virtualization and cloud technologies
- At least 5 experience in security frameworks and processes
- English verbal and written skills are required
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Consultative sales approach; strong team player
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, detail oriented approach to problem solving
- Solid programming/scripting skills
- Basic working knowledge of SQL; able to write simple queries
- Understand operational and security challenges in a large enterprise and common pain points
- At least 3 years experience in a technical role with a system operations or security software company
- At least 3 years experience in implementing enterprise software products
- IBM Security Guardium, Identity and Access Management, and Trusteer
- LDAP, Active Directory, Privilege Identity Management, Privilege Access Management, Cloud Identity Management
- Preferred Working experience in Security, Governance, Privacy, Compliance, Risk
- Delivering technology or architecture solution designs, with focus on multiple product integrations.
- Understanding of all IBM Security portfolio (IAM, Qradar, Cloud Pak for Security, Guardium, MaaS360, Trusteer, etc.)
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.