Chief Scrum Master, Retail Banking Cyber Security Programme
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Collaborating with the Product Owner to ensure backlogs are groomed and maintained.
- Organising and facilitating daily stand-ups, requirement estimation, sprint & release planning, demos, retrospectives, and other related team meetings.
- Tracking and reporting of all relevant team performance metrics to ensure organisational. transparency, including but not limited to team velocity, sprint & release status
- Helps the team improve and take responsibility for their actions; facilitate the team retrospective. Teach problem-solving techniques and help the team become better problem-solvers for themselves.
- Eliminate impediments that may be beyond the team's authority or may require support from other teams. Actively address issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the Iteration.
- Focus on ever-improving team dynamics and performance. Help the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Escalate people problems to management where necessary, but only after internal team processes have failed to resolve the issue; help individuals and teams through personnel changes.
- Support estimating - Guide the team in establishing normalized estimates and help the team understand how to estimate Features and Capabilities.
- Influencing change that increases team performance at a sustainable pace.
- Building and promoting an open, trusting, and respectful team environment; facilitating discussion, collaborative decision making and conflict resolution.
- Driving Scrum of Scrum sessions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant.
- Relevant Agile certifications.
- A proven record of accomplishment of successfully implementing software or web development projects, with a minimum 2 years of experience serving in a scrum master role leading cross-functional teams in a fast-paced services environment.
- Experience leading multiple (2+) teams concurrently, with direct responsibility for tracking & reporting on key metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to apply best practices re: backlog management, capturing burndown & velocity metrics and task-level definition/estimation.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, and able to work well under pressure to manage competing demands.
- Strong judgment, with the ability to make quick, yet sound decisions and follow through.
- Creative approach to problem-solving, with a strong customer focus and commitment to deliver.
- Team-player attitude, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish high-trust professional relationships quickly.
- Appreciation of Retail end to end services including shared applications & infrastructure
- Awareness and understanding of group information security policy & standards
- Experience in Cyber Security program will be an added advantage
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.