About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Awareness and understanding of Trade Finance, the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates.
People and Talent
- Awareness and understanding of the Banks change management process and DevOps practices.
- Strong experience in any domain as a Business Analyst / Solution Engineer (experience in Trade Finance is an advantage)
- Experience working as a Product Owner, In Depth knowledge of Agile process and principles. Able to work on both Waterfall and Agile Model
- Strong Analytical and critical thinking abilities, detailed orientated and proficient with highly structured approaches aligned with project/change management best practices.
- Experiences with Banking domain knowledge required.
- Trade finance domain Experiences is preferred.
- Worked in agile system development lifecycle projects is preferred.
- Knowledge of Gherkin language for test automation is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with an ability to interact with cross functional stakeholder representatives.
- A proven track record of effectiveness working within small, multi-functional teams.
- Skill to coordinate resources and teams from different countries
- Good Stakeholder Management Skills
- Responsible for capability development of the team/ unit
- Responsible for conducting appraisals, feedback & handling work allocations for direct reports & reviewing the same for indirect reports.
- Responsible for managing the career growth, motivation & retention for the assigned group
- Risk and Audit Continuous management of the Trade Application System risk
- Proactive self-identified issues and actions
- Issues and actions from audits and regulatory inspections
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Provide functional consultancy support to Build team for Technical Design
- Provide input on Process Flow due to system changes
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Trade Finance Business and Technology Stakeholders
Our Ideal Candidate
- Able to work in both Agile & Waterfall model.
- Gathering and analyzing requirements at client locations
- Converting business requirement specs into Functional specifications
- Preparation of Functional Specifications and System Requirement
- Manage user stories and acceptance criteria has to be defined as a user cases for dev team to understand on the changes.
- Negotiating with client regarding requirement, timelines, effort
- Giving Walkthrough to product management for functional specification and following up on sign off
- Explain the functional specification to the development team and provide support to functional doubts Planning, following-up and validating the developments
- Writing Test cases
- Execution of System Test and documentation of test result
- Prepare User guides, Business Cases, Training Material
- Providing functional support during user acceptance testing
- Functional analysis of the SIT / UAT defects and recommend solutions / provide input to BUILD team for defects resolution
- Walkthrough the User manual / UVT scripts with end users / PSS
- Analysis of defects and provide input to BUILD / PSS for defect resolution for post implementation
- Developing SQL procedures for reconciliation of data and day to day reports
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Technology discipline
- Experiences with Banking domain and Trade Finance are required.
- Strong experience in any domain as a Business Analyst / Solution Engineer
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.