BDE, Personal Banking (Mortgage)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Business
Processes and Activities
- Source for prospective clients (Personal, Priority and Business Banking) for mortgage loans through alliance tie-ups such as real estate agents, mortgage brokers, developers & lawyers.
- Understand client needs for mortgage financing, structure proposed solution and close the sale further to credit approval.
- Understand and uncover client's other financial needs and refer relevant retail and wealth products
- Working alongside EB and segment team to include Mortgage offers as part of corporate offers as part of cross-sales activities.
- Ensure adherence to concerned policies including on call reports, appointments with customers and pipeline management to ensure timely completion of end to end mortgage process.
- Conduct regular scheduled visits and develop constant engagement with all dealers, developers and mortgage brokers aligned to country engagement model and strategy.
- Reference the processes for which the role is responsible under the ORF as 1st & 2nd line; for executing / completing, and for supervising
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Insert local regulator e.g. PRA/FCA prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation - As per country requirement.
- Country Client Acquisition
- Country Relationship Business Banking
- Employee Banking teams
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ensure that prospects and existing customers are clearly communicated about the bank charges/terms and conditions.
- Ensure "Customer Due Diligence" requirements as prescribed by the bank are duly adhered to. All the legal and compliance guidelines provided by the bank are adhered to.
- Data confidentiality and secrecy norms of the bank are fully adhered to.
- Ensure that all applications (Account opening forms or loan application form) are being cross-checked prior to submission
- Ensure that sales process prescribed by the bank is fully adhered to.
- Ensure full awareness of all policies related to Mis-selling etc., & comply the same.
- Maintain complete and detailed knowledge of all the assigned products
- Maintain accurate and up to date activity records.
- Minimum diploma or degree holder
- Local regulatory requirements for certification/accreditations where required
- Preferably have previous experience in service, sales and prospecting in banking/non-banking industries
- Completion of Day 1 Readiness program as mandated for role
- Completion of mandatory e-learning modules as mandate by Bank and specific to role
- Good command of spoken and written language required for the role
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.