Associate/Senior Associate/Assistant Manager (IARCS) - Internal Audit
Since establishing its presence in 1928, KPMG in Malaysia has grown to be a part of KPMG's global
success. With more than 2,000 professionals located across 8 offices nationwide, KPMG in Malaysia
provides services ranging from assurance and tax to financial advisory and business advisory. At
KPMG, we are passionate about working with our clients to deliver exceptional value, we provide the
environment for our people to flourish and realize their full potential and we continuously extend
the frontiers of our shared knowledge.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a renowned, fast-paced and professional organisation with
good career development opportunities.
KPMG's Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance Services (IARCS) practice provides a wide range of board
advisory, enterprise risk management, internal audit, software license review and controls
compliance services built upon our clear understanding of business issues and opportunities. We
assist our clients to optimise their risk management, controls and governance processes to manage
risks while identifying
and pursuing important opportunities to enhance business value.
Acting as engagement team member (conducting assignments and supporting the engagement-in-charge)
or engagement in-charge (leading and motivating a small team of professionals) in delivering the services
Ability to undertake the following types of engagement:
• Risk based internal audit
• Enterprise risk management (ERM), including ERM assessment
• Corporate governance advisory
• Cost improvement reviews
• Quality Assurance Review of the Internal Audit function
• US SOX 404 advisory
• Contract compliance reviews
*Position grade for successful shortlisted candidates will be based upon the assessment of the
candidate's profile during the interview session, if invited.
• A recognised degree or a professional qualification in Accounting / Finance / Business / IT / Law or
• CIA or pursuit of CIA will be an added advantage. If without CIA upon confirmation after probation, must
be willing to pursue CIA training contract with KPMG.
• Relevant working experience for Experienced Hires (e.g. audit firms, consulting firms, leading commercial organizations and regulators; with demonstrated expertise in any one of the aforementioned
• Ability to write objective and value adding reports independently.
• Ambitious, mature and business-minded, in particular the ability to keep abreast with contemporary
industry developments, with strong leadership and high ethical standards.
• A self-starter and must be a team player.
• Ability to lead and motivate teams.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• High analytical and rationalization ability.
• Ability to manage deadlines and prioritize tasks.