Assistant Manager / Manager – (ITET) IT Strategy/Digital Transformation
IT Strategy Services are focused on protecting the company's value proposition by establishing a process to help align IT initiatives to the business strategy as well as recognizing that an important goal of an effective IT Strategy is to improve business performance. In addition, IT Strategy would assist organizations to identify opportunities for added efficiency, business value as well as progress and create a roadmap of clearly defined steps for improvement.
Other technology-related strategies primarily focus on the efficiency of the company's spending on technology; how people, for example the organization's customers and employees, exploit technologies in ways that create value for the organization; on the full integration of technology-related decisions with the company's strategies and operating plans, such that no separate technology strategy exists other than the de-facto strategic principle that the organization does not need or have a discreet 'technology strategy'.
KPMG's IT Advisory practice helps bridge the communications gap between business executives and IT professionals. Our professionals assist clients to focus on fundamental business issues that help increase revenues, control costs and identify and manage risks including the risks inherent in the technology systems used to support business objectives. IT Advisory Services also provides information to clients to help them meet their strategic and financial goals. Our service offerings are closely aligned to our client's business IT lifecycle to enable focused advisory efforts at all levels of the IT spectrum.
• Aligning business and IT strategy & planning;
• Providing IT function performance and cost reviews; benchmarking against good practice;
• Running IT organization development and transformation;
• Building effective IT Governance frameworks to align IT and business;
• IT architecture (applications, data and infrastructure);
• IT sourcing/outsourcing advice and supplier management; and
• IT projects portfolio development, alignment and investment appraisal.
Related keywords in this area are IT Strategy, IT Governance, IT Roadmap, Enterprise Architecture, SOA, ITIL, IT Infrastructure.
As a Manager Defining IT strategies and roadmaps using a structured methodology that includes but not limited to the following:
• Business and IT strategy alignment;
• Application portfolio analysis including assessment of business impact and relevance;
• Process mapping and analysis with the objective of assessing level of IT support;
• Process mapping and analysis with special reference to IT service management processes;
• Assessing and / or defining IT governance and control mechanisms;
• Defining and / or assessing enterprise architectures including application architecture and deployment architecture; and
• Developing cost-benefit cases for IT investments.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science,/Information Technology/Engineering/any related field.
• Candidates with ITIL, Project Management and IT Strategy Certification would be an advantage.
• Experience in Defining SOA strategies and roadmaps for clients or SOA governance models.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in related areas.
• Exposure to a range of industries would be ideal, but not essential. Likely industry exposure will include government and finance.
• Analytical and detail conscious.
• A team leader and support with good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Independent, self-motivated, organized and results oriented individual; capable of handling multiple tasks and achieving tight deadlines.
• Good command of English.