Analytics Software Sales Representative
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is looking for driven, highly motivated, and collaborative professionals to become a foundational part of the Analytics team, joining our Sales organization as an Analytics Sales Representative (Rep).
The Analytics Sales Rep is responsible for driving sales into a Financial Services Industry Sector, which includes Banks, Insurance Companies, Credit Companies. Therefore, it's crucial in this role to demonstrate an understanding of the prospect's business, organization, pain points, and compelling reasons to act, and translate the IBM Analytics and Cloud Content Services into a solution. The ideal candidate must work collaboratively with other IBM teams and IBM Business Partners while being able to create, articulate, and sell the IBM vision and value proposition.
About IBM Analytics
As businesses enter the cognitive era, data and analytics will continue to be essential tools. Organizations must apply the latest advances in data science and the entire spectrum of analytics to derive unexpected insights and competitive advantage.
IBM Analytics offers a complete portfolio of big data, analytics and content solutions to fuel our clients' cognitive business. Our solutions enable organizations to engage with data to answer the toughest business questions, uncover patterns and pursue breakthrough ideas.
This Analytics Sales Rep role is at the very heart of that data and analytics movement.
The primary responsibilities are to identify, nurture, progress and close Analytics opportunities. This is a quota carrying position.
The successful representative will be expected to:
- The role involves promoting and selling the IBM Analytics software portfolio for customers that range from large corporate enterprises in Financial Services businesses.
- You will be responsible for handling customer calls (through face-to-face and digital interactions) to progress and close opportunities.
- You will need to build relationships, understand your customers' businesses, present solutions, negotiate and close deals.
- Working as part of a team, you will be responsible for liaising with customers and creating a solution to meet their needs. This requires proven experience with data management and business analytics solutions in either a sales or technical pre-sales capacity.
- The role involves negotiating and closing deals both independently and with our business partners. The scope of the position includes the development of new IBM customers as well as the development and maintenance of existing clients.
- You will need to demonstrate the ability to build rapport with clients, be self motivated, accountable, results driven and have a proven track record in software sales, business development or account management. Your success will be measured through meeting and exceeding revenue targets, successful development of new clients, and the ability to leverage new and innovative ways to reach our clients
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7 - 10 years of Software solution sales experience
- Senior level engagement in cross industry sales
- Must have a proven track record in analytics sales environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.