AVP, Client Centre (Retail Banking)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Strategy Formulation & Execution and Financial Management
Customer Experience & Relationship Management
- Develop, co-ordinate and manage strategies to align operating capability across businesses, to customer needs, to deliver world class processes and products meeting agreed productivity standards and benchmarks.
- Responsible for the daily management, orchestration, control and administration of the country Customer Care spanning finance, human resources, legal & compliance & operations to ensure a robust platform for business delivery.
- Effective management of budgets and cost
- Constant review expenditure and implement cost-effective solutions Implement target cost-saving/optimization initiatives
- Establish and execute an integrated service & S2S plan aligned across customer segments, products and meeting the respective market's sales revenue and profit targets.
- Accountable for the efficiency and effectiveness of operations within by ensuring productivity standards are in line with competitive benchmarks while aiming to reduce overall cost of operations.
- Effective management of work force through robust capacity planning and deployment methodologies.
- Manage the trade off between risk, cost and benefit, short and long-term vision to maximize overall productivity.
Leadership, People & Community Development
- Ensure the Contact Centre as a channel is a preferred channel for customers in differentiated service and customer "experience", and that Standard Chartered is recognized as the Bank of choice.
- Ensure committed focus to drive customer satisfaction, loyalty & advocacy through deepening relationships.
- Enable frontline to exceed/ meet quality benchmark for the role/team by
- Continuously driving improvement initiatives through re-engineering projects
- Manage country and product stakeholders wrt to performance of the inbound & outbound centre, issues and compliance
Risk management & control
- Motivate, lead, and place the best people in the best roles to attain best in class status - challenge the team while rewarding excellence
- Work towards strengthening the performance culture and reinforcement of accountabilities within key leadership roles in Contact Centre.
- Provide strategic thought leadership, coaching, recognition and motivation through positive reinforcements and frequent face to face feedback sessions with contact centre staff
- Lead and unify a multi-functional team towards a shared goal of delivering a consistent service and sales experience across customer segments & markets.
- Ensure that organization structure and development activity are appropriate for the delivery of plans and targets
- Reinforce strategic change, through effective and receptive change management practice, and sponsors structured change management within the area of responsibility as appropriate.
- Clearly articulate and communicate the bank's vision & objectives.
- Drive and maintain a high performance & customer service culture through consistent performance coaching and implementation of management routines.
- Develop skill pool and synergy among different staff groups to allow versatility and flexibility for business needs
- Develop and manage talent effectively through optimal resourcing, matching right profiles and roles, identifying training and development needs, coaching and guiding the team, active reward and recognition of performers and managing performance management discipline.
- Drive overall employee engagement and employee communication
- Be a leader of change
- Plan and reviews staffing requirements to match workflow of the contact centre.
- Demonstrate social responsibility within the community and drive the brand values
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed a risk culture that supports the Bank's strategy and philosophy for the management of risk.
- Ensure that all policies, procedures and practices comply with local regulatory requirements, reflect best practices and are within Group directions
- Establish operational risk controls, key risk indicators and risk management procedures relating to customer service; resourcing and day to day management of the centre
- To ensure no adverse ratings in internal audits by Compliance and ensure a minimum of a satisfactory rating in Group Audit
- Through the money laundering prevention framework of Consumer Banking, work with regions' designated by Business Money Laundering Prevention Officer ("MLPO), and Unit MLPOs for the contact centre, ensure that all staff members of the contact centre are aware of the Group Policy and Standards of ML prevention and relevant local statutory requirements, and that the relevant money laundering procedures and controls are in place and actually followed by all staff. In particular, staff members should follow strictly the money laundering-related procedures for reporting suspicious activities
- To comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and, in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager. (for all levels of staff)
- Promote and enforce consistency in implementation of all policies
- To ensure adherence to budget-Improved seat utilization / cost effective methods of operation
- Respond decisively to various situations through a strong understanding of Risk Management.
- Be on top of OR framework, audit requirements through periodic monitoring and review of processes, ways of working
- Set high benchmarks for personal and professional code of conduct and robust consequence management approach.
- Manage compliance with external and internal regulations and policies.
- Graduate / Post-graduate degree in business management
- Minimum 6-8 years of banking experience with a majority of that time in Sales & Marketing / Operations(inbound/outbound/back-office) / Collection (as applicable)
- Extensive knowledge of banking operations & working knowledge of technology & process management
- Excellent analytical skills to analyse data points
- Strong "people management skills"
- High on influencing and negotiation
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excellent Stakeholder management
- Proficient in basic MS Office applications especially MS excel, MS PowerPoint & MS Word
- Knowledge of banking business/financial services
- Strong interpersonal skills, influencing and coaching skills
- Good problem solving and quick decision making skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.