Relationship Manager, Priority Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Engaging and deepening activities
• In consultation with the BM/STM, draw up monthly plans for achieving new business and customer acquisition goals committed.
• To foster and deepen client relationship by providing regular market information updates and trend analysis on international equities, unit trust, bonds and other investment instruments and follow up calls / visits to assist them in their investment decisions.
• To conduct regular checks on market trends and competitors' programme offering and activities. This is to assist / initiate efforts to increase product differentiation and enhance attractiveness of programme.
• To plan, target and cross-sell integrated business financial services to Priority clients who are self-employed professionals and businessmen.
• Proactively engaging with the "Hidden Affluent" by having complete knowledge of the clients in terms of the :
o profile & assets
o create analytics-backed next best conversation
o sound knowledge in Needs/Anchor products such as : Wealth & Mortgage, CASA, CC & etc.
• To acquire from individual client referrals and actively engaging them during the first 3 months by:
o meeting the client in person to discuss on advisory needs (once a month/quarter)
o connect client with specialists
o set up products holding
o conduct/connect for periodic CDD
o conduct fulfilment & activate
• Supporting the client on any client-initiated needs by:
o Proactively reaching out to client for advice discussions
o Delivering on transactions, service requests, mobile/online training
o Updating CDD
o Managing Client's credit situation
• Refer most servicing activities to Client Servicing Managers (as and when request by clients)
• To recommend improvements in operational processes, procedures and products based on customer feedback to ensure constant enhancement of service levels and efficiency.
• To comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and, in particular report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager.
Acquiring on referrals
• Act on referral leads assigned within timeline
• To solicit referrals from other sources.
• To conduct a professional, consultative financial analysis and profiling session with Priority clients by:
o Meeting, listening and determining further needs
o Setting up anchor products & initiate cross-sell
o Conduct/connect CDD
o Educate and conduct initial set-up for online, ATMs, Client Centre and Branch Our Ideal Candidate
• Enhanced multi-product Priority knowledge
• Market and competition knowledge
• Possess all relevant investment & insurance certifications and licensing
• Presentation and soft skills tailored to engaging Affluent Clients
• Internal stakeholder engagement skills
• Closing deals
• Ability to drive and manage client interaction
• Good communication & presentation skills
• Negotiation and objection handling
• Client training on digital solutions
• Discipline and good time management to handle a client portfolio
• Ability to solve problems and close issues without handing over
• Strong analytical ability
• Understanding of Priority CDD principles
• Interpersonal and complaint handling skills
• Bank's product knowledge
• Understanding of policies and procedures
• ABM rules / Bank Negara FEA regulations
• Branch Operations Manual (WEBOM) /MIC/ group circulars/bank policy and tariff of charges
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.