Customer Service Manager (Kuching)
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management leverages HSBC's global retail banking expertise and wealth management capabilities to deliver a broad range of world-class retail banking solutions to millions of customers. Driving for growth in key markets around the world, the business comprises areas such as retail banking, wealth management, insurance and asset management, with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels that will differentiate our customer experience and deliver market leading retail banking and wealth management solutions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Customer Service Manager. Principal Responsibilities
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the individual will be responsible for assisting the branch manager to plan, direct and control all aspects of branch operations and service standards and pro-actively plan and implement business strategies to ensure maximum profitability via excellent Customer Service experience.
- Assist the Branch Manager in planning and developing a business development strategy to increase penetration and maximize via service excellence.
- Proactively walk the Sales Floor to engage customers and staff for effective supervision and to lead the sales and service floor by setting an example.
- Support the branch campaigns (in branch & external) & promotions and establish external potential customer contacts & network in the local market.
- Champions initiatives as a branch representative to drive a positive mindset in the branch staff to offer top quality customer experience.
- Adopting an engaging and leading role while handling customer disputes and complaints and ensuring reporting via the tracking systems.
- Ensures high and consistent standards of service delivery represented by various periodic service measures for all non-sales staff.
- Provides support and encouragement to non-sales staff through training to spot opportunities and pass leads to sales as part of customer service process and take over most of customer servicing activities which are passed over from sales staff.
- Managing customers' expectation, identify needs and provides relevant solutions in accordance to the Bank's Know Your Customer (KYC) and business ethics policy
- Monitors Branch compliance with legal and regulatory guidelines, remedy breaches to ensure effective implementation of audit standards, randomly check operational procedures, ensure deficiencies are rectified and take corrective action on audit/compliance findings.
- Maintain and ensure due observance of HSBC Internal Control Standards, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators.
- At least 3 years in supervisory role in banking operations and excellent understanding of RBWM products and attributes
- At least a degree in Business Administration or any other related fields.
- Having a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certificate - (although this is an added advantage, it is optional)
- Able to drive excellent customer service standards
- Good interpersonal skills with well developed hands on approach in coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong leadership experience in managing large team of service employees
- Excellent planning/organization skills/analytical reasoning and lateral thinking
- Highly adaptable and flexible to regular changing work environment
- Results driven and ability to make decisions whilst working under pressure
- Only Malaysian citizens are encouraged to apply.