Wholesale Credit Risk Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
Wholesale Credit Risk Manager
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, operational, credit, pension, insurance, compliance, regulatory, market, reputation and geopolitical risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Wholesale Credit Risk Manager.
- Contributes to achievement of the Bank's targets by processing, evaluating and approving all credit applications expeditiously within own limits and recommending upwards those which are beyond delegated limits.
- Promotes credit quality through timely and forward looking risk reviews and contribute to early detection of weak/deteriorating credits.
- Re-balancing the Bank's loan portfolio by implementing HBMY/HBMS/LBU to realign new advances and resources to the "Grow" sectors and reduce exposures to the "Restricted or Controlled" sectors ensuring compliance within the Country Risk Plan. Implementing guidelines received from APH Risk on credit quality/ issues, profitability, sectors and procedures.
- To ensure a high level of self-awareness around the transaction approval process focusing on material items while recognising that commerciality and speed to market is important.
- Provides support/ guidance to the development of Relationship Manager's by identifying and mitigating risks in credit proposals.
- Improve quality of CARM write-ups from by proactively engaging Relationship Manager's effectively enhancing credit turnaround time.
- Be fully engaged around growth plans by ensuring active dialogue in pipeline meeting, whitelisting and customer visits. Be conscious around creating positive rather than negative tension.
- Contributes to the development of RM's through coaching/counseling by effective use of relevant appraisal schemes and continual feedback.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and better engagement with Business stakeholders.
- Consistently demonstrate a mature and independent approach to problem solving and a "big picture" view on organisation objectives.
- Contributes to the effectiveness of the risk control function and minimizes losses.
- Ensure that audit and control recommendations are implemented in full.
- Continually re-assess the Operational Risk inherent in the business by taking into account changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
- Full compliance with data/MI reporting obligations (e.g. App Tracker)
- Compliance with Global Standards and FCC
- Minimum five years of banking experience at executive level with at least one year exposure in corporate/commercial banking.
- Exposure in credit risk would be an added advantage ;
- Good interpersonal, communication and technical skills required.
- Commercial Accument ;