Vice President, AML & Sanctions Advisory
To promote, lead and manage the culture and practice of regulatory compliance and ethical standards in the conduct of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance function throughout CIMB Group and to oversee the Group's compliance with those requirements and applicable standards.
To ensure the effectiveness of AML Compliance function's management of compliance and regulatory risk issues through the establishment and maintenance of appropriate and effective frameworks and procedures, that compliance and regulatory risks are anticipated, identified, escalated and reported to stakeholders, mitigated and managed so as to avoid any financial and reputational loss.
To support the Regional Head, AML and Sanction Advisory, senior management and stakeholders in the management of compliance and regulatory risk requirements.
Strategy and Planning
Oversee the implementation of Group AML and Sanction policies and procedures in CIMB Group.
Ensure the effective management of AML and Sanction Advisory Compliance matters in CIMB Group.
Assume active involvement in management of critical issues and provide solution, where needed.
Advise stakeholders on AML and Sanction Compliance related area and regulatory issues, as required.
Support the stakeholders in establishing appropriate monitoring mechanism for meeting regulatory obligations in the conduct of their businesses and in accordance with Group Compliance policies and procedures.
Ensure the implementation of appropriate and effective risk based AML monitoring.
Provide advisory and appropriate training, where required.
Support the Regional Head, AML and Sanction Advisory and stakeholders to achieve CIMB Group's overall business and strategic objectives.
Any other responsibilities / task as assigned by the Regional Head, AML and Sanction Advisory from time to time.
Manages the performance of the team members and enhance their competency in performing their responsibilities.
Retention of performing staff, manage staff resources and succession planning, provide continuous coaching and monitoring of staff and their development.
- Bachelor's Degree or Professional Qualification in the relevant discipline (Accounting/ Finance/ Business/ Economics/ Financial Engineering)
- 10 years of experience of relevant banking/ compliance/ legal/ audit background in established bank/ financial institutions
- 5 years of prior leadership position in a banking role in established financial institutions
- In-depth knowledge of AML Compliance function in banking products and services, including the rules and regulations in the domestic market.
- The required understanding businesses/ business units.
- Personal integrity and ethics.
- Good judgment in enabling the provision of sound advice on regulation and practice, proactive management of compliance and regulatory risks.
- Strong organization and planning skill.
- Good presentation and influencing skills, attention to details and problem solving skills.
- Effective managerial skill, guiding and assisting and a point of reference for the subordinates.