Valuation and Staff Loans Manager
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
Valuation and Staff Loans Manager
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, operational, credit, pension, insurance, compliance, regulatory, market, reputation and geopolitical risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Valuation & Staff Loans Manager.
- Plan, manage and ensure effective operational support for secured lending activities by monitoring, managing resources to support new business and by ensuring continuous support is given and adopting action oriented approach to resolve issues, to support Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) line managers at branches to achieve their sales targets.
- Management of business partners/service providers (e.g. lawyers, valuers, insurers) by engaging the business partners through regular dialogues and applying effective tracking.
- Implement checks and controls to reduce operational risk and to ensure compliance with Business Instruction Manual (BIM) / Head Office / Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) / audit requirements by ensuring that all audit recommendations to the unit are complied with.
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy and maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring.
- Contributes to the overall Bank strategy and to quality management and productivity by managing operational cost/overheads without compromising the security, risks and financial losses, generating ideas to streamline and improve workflow for greater efficiency and productivity.
- Contributes to the performance and development of Officers and Staff by identifying staff development needs and ensuring that these are met by providing them adequate avenues for "self-development" activities.
- Minimum 10 years of working experience with a strong understanding / knowledge of the Bank's overall operational systems and processes as well as the Risk function.
- Preferably possess a recognized diploma/degree.
- Good influencing skills and ability to work professionally with all levels of staff and management.
- Sound judgement, keen sense of urgency and high level of professional and personal integrity.
- Credit Assessment knowledge including compliance of various RBWM credit policy guidelines would be an advantage.
- Certified Credit Professional (CCP) qualification would be desirable and would have definite advantage.
- A team player with excellent communication skills (both written and spoken).
- Strong project management, planning and organizing skills, as well as good coaching and mentoring skills.
- Able to work under pressure and meet pressing deadlines.
- Pro-active approach to problem identification and solving.
- Self-motivated and result oriented.