Underwriting Services Manager
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Wealth and Personal Banking is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world's largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Across Asia, where wealth pools are growing faster than in any other region, HSBC's wealth revenues grew 12% in 2019 (year-on-year) to USD5.7 billion. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking for individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers' needs.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Wealth and Personal Banking team in the role of Underwriting Services Manager
working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
To actively support WPB in managing all credit and risk related aspects in Retail Business Banking (RBB) with specific responsibility for ensuring HBMY/HBMS credit plan and objectives are met via implementation of financing guidelines by developing and maintaining credit structures that achieve manageable level of credit risk as well as in early identification of potential non-performing advances so as to maximize profitability and minimize losses for the Bank. Principal Responsibilities:
- Evaluate applications for all WPB Retail Business Banking products. Assessing the credit risk of applications by subjecting all applications to a stringent verification process for better control and quality;
- Ensure proper application of credit scoring system with sound analysis and critical evaluation of all Retail Business Banking loan applications - maintain good balance between prudent risk management and business growth.
- Ensure timely and independent evaluation of Retail Business Banking loans for better customer service without compromising risk;
- Conscious effort to protect asset quality to meet NBD for WPB Retail Business Banking products and delinquency target in accordance with Annual Operating Plan (AOP) / Rolling Operating Plan (ROP);
- Provide coaching and guidance on credit related matters and periodic meetings with stakeholders;
- Contribute to continuous improvement to support policy review, workflow and systems such as AAPS, Central Credit Reference Information System (CCRIS) and scorecard to enhance quality of decisions.
- Graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field;
- Minimum five years of banking experience at executive level with at least one year exposure in corporate/commercial banking.
- Exposure to demanding operational environments to gain insight into effective risk management applications;
- Working across all levels of the organization to understand cross-functional linkages and interdependencies, as well as the implication of risk at both a strategic level and at the business unit level;
- Professional competence which helps to determine solutions around appropriate risk measures, risk processes, risk monitoring and management;
- Understanding of the Group global strategies and collaborates with the business to accomplish these strategies;
- Demonstrated ability to assess Risk trends, both internally and externally;
- Ability to form effective relationships and exercise influence at senior level of the organization;
- Demonstrate business knowledge, such as leading a P&L unit;
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Established financial and accounting acumen.