- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 21 Feb 18 2018-02-21
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM) focuses on the specific financial crime threats the firm faces now and in the future, pioneering the techniques and technology that protect our business, our customers, and the many communities in which we operate from the harms associated with financial crime. FCTM harnesses intelligence, analytics, technology, investigation, information sharing, and public-private partnership to achieve this end, always seeking the most effective and efficient means. FCTM is also partnering with Financial Crime Compliance to build the case for a more efficient and effective regulatory approach by defining a potential new regulatory landscape based on practical, tested innovation and serving as a thought leader in the ongoing public debate on the future of regulatory compliance .
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Triage Manager .
- The provision of timely and reliable assessment on potential financial crime risks to improve risk management decisions within the FCTM Investigations.
- Manage a diverse set of stakeholders in order to achieve the overarching objectives, including c olleagues within the wider FCTM, responsible for developing more detailed enquiries into clients/themes, the b usiness and Regional FCC and RC teams.
- Work effectively as part of a regional and global dynamic team including taking on unfamiliar/difficult tasks when necessary and providing guidance and support to others
- Taking the lead when necessary to ensure that service levels are at a minimum maintained and ideally exceeded
- Adherence to operational controls, as outlined in procedures and policies to ensure risks are identified and managed
- Contribution to processes for building management information (MI)
- Provision of ongoing input to aid development of the system
- Education to degree level or above
- Outstanding analytical (qualitative), investigative and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable aptitude for analysing complex, multi-faceted banking relationships
- A keen interest in business and current affairs, including financial crime
- Resourceful, creative and inquisitive approach to highly complex tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- The ability to undertake comparative assessments of multiple competing hypotheses
- Strong team player with leadership potential
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial and autonomous
- Robust, accountable and independent
- (Desirable) Experience/knowledge of wholesale banking
- (Desirable) Experience of intelligence analytics/investigations
- (Desirable) Experience of IT development and data modelling
- (Desirable) Foreign language capability