About the Role
In line with testing standards/procedures and with guidance of a senior engineer, to undertake acceptance testing activities of medium complexity related to hardware and software components of SWIFT networks ensuring product quality. Education
University degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Experience
2 to 5 years and above of experience in Testing related environment out of which 2 years hands on experience in software front-end and back-end testing are required. Domains
Networking / Systems / Business Applications Key Responsibilities
Competency Profile 01. Takes Accountab. for Delivering Results
- Be a role model in test execution, evidence collection, automation, acceptance process and other test related activities.
- Write and execute test cases of medium complexity and analyze and log test results.
- Develop and maintain test specifications/test cases/ sets of regression tests, for new software release of applications in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop test automation framework and CI/CD pipelines integration.
- Propose and create procedures that help to find errors existing in the product and execute test cases/regression tests to ensure minimal discrepancy between specified and implemented functions.
- Review requirements/design documents to ensure testability and become acquainted with products.
- Maintain/support/troubleshoot the testing infrastructure (1st level).
- Participate in the implementation of test automation. Develop and maintain test and automation strategy.
- Design test plans of low to medium complexity.
- Participate in and contribute to testing process improvement efforts.
- Participate, collaborate and contribute to agile process improvement efforts
Makes choices and decisions based on established practices and precedents; delivers results by overcoming a range of obstacles and issues and where timing may be critical. 02. Demonstrates Operational Excellence
Delivers work to agreed specifications of timeliness and quality; seeks to improve ways of doing things; sets and meets high standards for own work; demonstrates commitment to security policy 03. Expands knowledge
Expands own specialist knowledge and skills by taking ownership of own development; encourages colleagues to bring forward and share new ideas and alternative solutions; demonstrates openness to utilise new approaches. 04. Bus Understanding and Commercial Sense
Applies understanding of how own division adds value to the business; uses knowledge of financial and business principles to deliver cost-effective solutions; adapts quickly to changes in the market, the industry and the organisation while upholding standards. 05. Builds and reinforces cust relationships
Fosters effective relationships by listening actively and taking steps to identify and meet customer needs; demonstrates customer focus and friendliness in all activities and actions. 06. Leads with a team focus
Initiates effective co-operation and team working with others; provides support to new team members; appreciates style and background differences; demonstrates commitment to SWIFT values. 07. Communicates effectively
Communicates effectively across a range of practical and operational issues; adjusts personal communication style to fit intended audience; listens to and respects other people's points of view. Professional knowledge and expertise:
- Ability to lead the project and work with the team.
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
- Good experience with Windows, Solaris and RHEL (day-to-day operations) is mandatory. Skills with UNIX shell scripting and Python/Perl/Java is a plus.
- Knowledge of Web-based applications testing is a mandatory.
- Knowledge in API testing tools: Postman, SoapUI, etc. is an asset.
- Experience in Jenkins or other scheduling tools.
- Experience in DevOps or CI/CD tools (Git, BitBucket, Ansible, Docker, etc) is an asset.
- Practical experience with Automation tools (Selenium or Robot Framework) is an asset.
- Knowledge of SWIFT Interface products (PEGA, Onboarding, Web Platform) is an asset.
- Good Experience with Oracle and SAP is an asset.
- Experience in Agile Management tools -JIRA.
- Testing methodology certification (ISEB, ISTQB...) is an asset.
What we offer
- Adaptability and responsiveness to change.
- Able to work under pressure and adapt to different projects under stressful environment.
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Collaborative and willing to accept new challenges as a team.
- Understanding in DevOps tools and Agile Software Cycle.
- Good problem solving skills and be sensitive to quality.
- Eager to learn, understand the business needs and be committed to deliver.
- Take accountability for delivering results.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
- Planning and organizing.
- Quality orientation.
- Team orientation.
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.