Team Manager, Medium Enterprise - KL 1 Menara CIMB MY
To support the ME Area Commercial Manager by actively leading the overall management and day to day operations of the assigned team in a dynamic fashion by proactively ensuring proper planning, efficient and effective use of resources including human capital, proper and timely execution of business plans and ensuring adequacy of quality controls to address the various risks affecting the CBC (ME) and the Group, all of which, are to be in line with the Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss objectives of Commercial Banking Division and the Group, both for the shorter and longer terms.
- To be responsible for the overall performance of the assigned team including but not limited to achieving growth of the profitability of the team, growth of the loans/financing portfolio by ensuring new and incremental loans / financing of the required quality are approved, accepted and disbursed in a timely fashion, existing loan or financing facilities are well utilized to generate the requisite income, that there is the required growth in business deposits, as well as ensuring appropriate cross-selling of relevant universal banking products & services, to both existing and new customers.
- To ensure the overall health and profitability of the business portfolio of the team based on asset quality, customer service experience and other performance measures.
- To supervise and ensure the adequacy and effective usage of resources including human capital at the team.
- To support the overall marketing activities and to enable such actions as may be necessary to identify, acquire customers and to act on suitable business development opportunities in the business area in a timely fashion.
- To co-ordinate and supervise the business development, relationship management and asset quality management activities of the team as well as to support the co-ordination with other product lines, departments and units for the overall management and development of the portfolio including tapping on cross-selling opportunities as well as ensuring prompt and proper delivery of relevant services to customers.
- To be actively involved in managing the operating costs and profitability of the team and ensure the productive use of relevant alternate distribution channels eg mobile sales force, Branches, product specialists stationed for the business area etc.
- To ensure compliance to the rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines of the Bank, the Group and those of relevant regulatory authorities, as applicable, aimed towards achieving and sustaining operational excellence.
- To report on the team performance, achievements as well as to escalate issues promptly and to provide the necessary information that requires the attention of the immediate superior and/or senior management including those at Head Office.
- Lead the team in terms of day to day decision making and being accountable for the overall performance of the team in line with the overall business strategy.
- To lead by example and inspire the team in order to build and sustain a high performance culture through appropriate coaching, mentoring and motivation activities.
- To ensure the proper preparation and timely submission of monthly or adhoc reports, as required.
- To undertake any other related tasks as determined by the management of the Bank from time to time.
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to analyse and understand financial statements
- Strong negotiation and communication skills in English (both verbal and written)
- Motivated, self-driven individual with strong commitment to integrity, professionalism and teamwork
- Good understanding of the domestic and regional business environment will be an advantage
- Able to work independently, be disciplined when carrying work functions and maintain professional work ethics.